CPL for mini2 ?

Just one review and attaches with adhesions !

I would want the thing to remain in place by it's O ring .

61Z0%2BFmHj8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

These Amazon.com reviews says it doesn't fit , and it's FAKE !

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B075WPDY5N

Not sure about the seller's name either Wankaku , hmmm...

I will look forward to your review Chris .

I stand corrected on the CPL. I am awaiting delivery for the camera and the lense so if proved fake will be returning defo. Cant shed any info in parking monitor feature yet but i agree is confusing. Been having a bad run on luck with dash cams recently. Nextbase 402 g professional died after 6 months. Got a new nextbase 512GW and that failed to detect I had driven for half a mile after parking before coming on and recording. So hoping this unit is better. I like the stealthy appearance and smaller imprint.
Still wondering about GPS/No GPS as this unit does not have it whereas the nextbase did. Whats your thoughts - good or bad.

Thanks

cc

Yes positive , some great features , form factor etc.

Very sensitive mic as records every bump in the road and the information is thin on a new firmware update being Chinese , but on the whole great bang for buck .

Any Qs , fire away .

Hi Gazwould
Just received my mini 2 and CPL filter today and thought I would update you. The filter is very good in my opinion it clips on very snugly without any need for sticky tape though it is brand new so we will see if it stays on. Its made of metal with a rotating bezel and I'm sure its glass. When I looked at my cars lcd clock display and rotated the bezel you could see the display disappear which is like when I have my polarised sunglasses on I can't see my car clock easily. I will show a sall video and look at the vents reflection

I had my camera angle down a bit much so have adjusted up so now even less intrusive of a reflection

Here are some photos too

Couple of questions - have you figuired out parking mode and whats the best resolution - 1440 should be best but is it?

Also I dont seem to have an option to adjust the recording segments is there that ability.?

Cheers

DSCF0945.JPGDSCF0947.JPGDSCF0951.JPGDSCF0950.JPG

That's great news , I shall order one .

Probably here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192433547074
as Amazon want £4 postage .

I've the dark silver mini2 , your's looks to be the gloss black .

Thanks for taking the time .

Like yours my dash vents also show up like a ginger in a playground !

Hope the metal housing is hard anodised or it will look like a ginger...

I've got mine six clicks down from level with the mount , cinema view too , to exclude any windscreen top tint , unswept area and dash .

1440P is best , why would anyone choose the lesser 1080 , in this case just 5 f/s more other cameras have a more valid 30 f/s difference .

The recorded segments are preset by the firmware and have decreased of late to reduce file size .

What part of parking mode are you referring to ?

Mines set to time lapse to conserve sd card rewrites , it will go into time lapse 1 f/s after 10mins or so , if I enter the G sensor senses and it will record 15 mins of 25 f /s ( this will become a not written over locked file ) then back into time lapse if no further G sensor activity .

Last edited:
Hi Gazwould
That CPL looks identical to mine. To be honest even if it were not a great fit - i would use tape also as it does a good job of reducing glare. Just need to wait six months for that one sunny day we have in the uk to test fully lol....
With regards to parking mode i think the options go up to 24 hrs does that mean it will time lapse for 24 hrs? Just trying to figure it out and determine whats best.
Whats the sensitivity of the G sensor like - what is yours on L/M/H ?
Thanks again for all the info

CC1970

I guess the O ring could be swapped out for a slightly fatter one too .

With the newer firmware and a permanently live cigar socket or hardwired with the Battery Protection for Parked Vehicles mode gives those preset time options of camera shutdown , 15mins , 1hr , 6hr , 24hr or not to switch off thus keep recording .

You select either speeded up time lapse
( 1f/s with no sound ) or normal 25 f/s that has sound recording .

In a dodgy area you want normal recording .

With time lapse it starts off with normal for 10mins ( orange flashing led ) then goes to time lapse
( blue flashing led ) .

If there were a G shock it would come out of time lapse to record 15mins of normal before going back into time lapse .

My question has been what does the camera do after it's shut down ? As mine does not re-awake unless I pull and replug the cigar adapter .

I ask because there are illustrations that suggest it will re-awake with a G shock post shutdown . And even reawake on vehicle starting but this was a M6+ which have a lithium ion battery .

The source of the illustration is unknown as DDPai can't provide an answer nor does it appear on their website for any of their cameras and one ebay or Amazon seller commented they had merely copied it from a Google image !

It would be handy post auto shutdown if it did wake up with G shock and vehicle starting .

So in it's current behaviour I set it to not shut down and simply pull the cigar plug if parked on the drive to save battery or leave it recording if parked on the road.

If re-hardwired permanent live with an intended female cigar socket and fuse blade tap I'd have to install a switch .

G shock I have set to 'middle' , in time lapse blue led , I enter sometimes it senses and goes violet to normal orange but always on shutting the door .

It would be nice if in some way the camera told you in it's now English speaking voice of a G sensor trigger and what time .

Hi
Have the same issue with parking mode. Got in to the car and it did not awake from sleep when parked in drive. hmmm
I converted my Nextbase hard wire kit which had a mini USB connector and connected it to a mini USB to MIcro USB adapter and that worked at treat but as with the problems identified I might add a switched mini USB to Mini female.
Its either that or leave on for 24 hrs.
More clarity or an update from DDPai would be nice.

Thanks for all the info.
cc

That's good from my point of view , so looks like it's the mini2 norm .

The only thing it will do post auto shutdown is make the powering down noise when I disconnect the cigar plug .

Kevin Lee the DDPai rep on here did say the mini2 didn't have "smart battery protection" only the X2 Pro , but the illustration doesn't appear on the website for that camera either

106.gif

71n-vCRy8mL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Received from eBay in Amazon packaging !

Results are positive , will see if it stays on for the long term .

Cheers CC .

Friends,

Ordered Mini2 with the CPL from the same seller at https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B076C7LR81 . The Dash Cam is good but I received a different CPL. It does not look like the one that you guys have received from this seller. Mine is just a plain CPL lens with no metal/plastic casing to fit it on the camera.

Any help on fitting this to the cam? OR Have I been cheated by the Seller?

IMG_20180502_142034_HHT.jpgIMG_20180502_142009.jpg

Thank you

P.S - I live in India and I purchased it from amazon UK through a relative from Ireland to ship it here to me.

Friends,

Ordered Mini2 with the CPL from the same seller at https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B076C7LR81 . The Dash Cam is good but I received a different CPL. It does not look like the one that you guys have received from this seller. Mine is just a plain CPL lens with no metal/plastic casing to fit it on the camera.

View attachment 37813View attachment 37814

Thank you

P.S - I live in India and I purchased it from amazon UK through a relative from Ireland to ship it here to me.

Hi
it should be concave to fit the curvature of the camera and should be a snug fit and then rotate the front part of the lens to eliminate the reflection.

I returned mine and the camera as the parking mode failed to work properly. I now have a Goluk T3 and performs much better but no cpl for it to my knowledge

cc

Remind me what the parking mode issue was ?

Friends,

View attachment 37813View attachment 37814

Thank you

I would say you've been supplied the wrong CPL .

20180503_202110.jpg

Remind me what the parking mode issue was ?
Hi
The issue was that the camera would go to sleep after the selected time and would not wake up after getting into car and driving off. So had to install an inline switch to reset it when it happened. However was happening more frequent so returned to amazon for refund and got a Goluk T3

Back