Mobius 2 - Motion Detect

maurizio

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Sorry for my English.
I'm testing Mobius2 in Motion Detect mode for nature trapping.
I want to connect it to an external 12V battery with a 5V converter, or to a 5V power bank. I have three questions.
1. In Motion Detect mode how much does it consume during recording and how much does it consume when it does not record?
2. If active stand by in Motion Detect mode with external power supply to exit from the stand-by state, do I have to press the power button or do you reactivate when it detects a movement?
3. How much does it consume in standby mode?
Thank you

Don't think anyone's posted the power consumption when in standby or recording in Motion Detect mode.

1. You could get something like this and measure the consumption yourself - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01983H610

2. With Motion Detect turned on, if you press the Record button while it's recording or standing by to detect motion, you'll have to press the Record button again.

3. Same as 1.

I'm assuming you want to know the consumption to select a suitable capacity power bank?

If you buy a good quality 20,000 mAh power bank it will run a Mobius2 for about two days (40 hours or more) recording full time and perhaps a lot longer than that with motion detection on standby. That's really all you need to know.

Advice to replace the internal battery with Super Capacitor?

Yes, a good idea if you're planning on leaving it recording for long durations.

Back