Keeps asking to format

Hi jokiin

This is the current status:-
1) The camera has been updated to the latest firmware, from your support centre.
2) The microSD card is the 32GB Toshiba exceria supplied with the camera. It has been formated[full format], with SD formatter and tested with h2testw_1.4, and passed with no errors. It was then formatted again in the camera.
3) It is connected with the supplied PSU.

Over a 4 day period i did quite a few short drives and the camera worked flawlessly.

However, today after i powered the camera and it booted to the logo screen, within a few seconds of the starting to record it asked to format the card. I turned the camera off[not the ignition] and then back on. The camera booted and recorded properly. The next time i used the car the same thing happened. Since then the camera has worked properly.

To me every avenue of experimating has been explored and to me it looks like the camera is faulty, posibly an inherrent fault in the camera or firmware.

Last edited:
However, today after i powered the camera and it booted to the logo screen, within a few seconds of the starting to record it asked to format the card. I turned the camera off[not the ignition] and then back on. The camera booted and recorded properly. The next time i used the car the same thing happened. Since then the camera has worked properly.

this would be indicative of a power related issue rather than a memory issue, speak to @niko and he can follow up with you and arrange to swap the camera out, might be wise to swap the power supply also

Hi jokiin

This is the current status:-
1) The camera has been updated to the latest firmware, from your support centre.
2) The microSD card is the 32GB Toshiba exceria supplied with the camera. It has been formated[full format], with SD formatter and tested with h2testw_1.4, and passed with no errors. It was then formatted again in the camera.
3) It is connected with the supplied PSU.

Over a 4 day period i did quite a few short drives and the camera worked flawlessly.

To me every avenue of experimating has been explored and to me it looks like the camera is faulty, posibly an inherrent fault in the camera or firmware.

Send me PM along with order number so I can proceed RMA.

this would be indicative of a power related issue rather than a memory issue, speak to @niko and he can follow up with you and arrange to swap the camera out, might be wise to swap the power supply also
Thanks, will do

do a full format (needs to be a full format, not quick)
In actual version of the program the options are called:
Quick format
Overwrite format

enjoy,
Mtz

I have been through all of my cards did a full fomat on all of them followed by a card test.

I had one card, a noname 32GB supplied with my Autovox B40 A118c PRO, supplied 2.5 years ago that failed the test.

Not surprising really for a two year old card used continuously for that longt.

Back