Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
update on Nov.21 (base on Nov.01 version):
1, modify Parking Guard logic, from ON/OFF to Motion Trigger & Always Lapse (this is a major modify, if there is bug please report to rayman@megcn.com)
2, rework some UI detail
3, revise the menu mistake

update on Nov.01
1, separate the exposure setting for front cam and rear cam
2, default flip the rear cam for rear cam mounting
3, change Parking Guard and Motion Detection trigger to front and rear camera
4, cancel the protect status for Parking Guard videos
5, add G-sensor triggered tone
6, auto enhance the G-sensor sensitivity in Parking Guard mode
7, move Parking Guard and Format Card to the top of menu

download link:
http://www.mini0906.com/firmware/FIRMWARE_20171121.zip

I really hope this fixes the freezing whilst recording issue.

Unfortunately this does crash on the 0906 sample I have here, back to August firmware I go which is rock solid.

The camera just locks up hard with the screen frozen.

Not sure if this is specific to the samples or not or whether a hardware change means the samples can't go past the August firmware.

Last edited:
Unfortunately this does crash on the 0906 sample I have here, back to August firmware I go which is rock solid.
The camera just locks up hard with the screen frozen.
Not sure if this is specific to the samples or not or whether a hardware change means the samples can't go past the August firmware.

can you help to send me the log files in novatek folder?

I've had the most recent FW update in for a week now and am very pleased with the result. Thank you Rayman Chan for a great product.

Hi Rayman

Please can you explain the changes to Parking Guard. Does it now only start recording when motion is detected? What are the options in the menu for Parking Guard?
Thanks
Simon

Hi Simon,
we put two options in the Parking Guard menu: Motion Trigger and Always Lapse.
If use Motion Trigger, the fuction will be same as it was, parking 720P2 recording and switch to 720P30 if motion detected;
If choose always lapse, there will not be motion trigger but keep recording 720P2 video even someone walk through.
in both mode, if there is G-sensor vibration, the videos will be protected.

and we are doing more test on add other options but under debug&test.

Great thanks Rayman

I have copied the firmware to the root of the sd card and restarted but it does not load the new firmware. Does the naming of the bin file have to be changed from firmware.bin?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

the file name must NOT be changed, "firmware.bin"

please make sure the file is in root folder of card.
by the way, what is your current firmware version? if you are using old version than 20170630, you may need to upgrade bootloader first.

Yes , The batery is ok as the camera has only 1 month and also the led is lighting strong when I am pushing the button.
It stopped working when I have done the update.
Is there any way to pair it again?

Have you tried resetting the camera?

yes, reseted from the button and also factory reset.
There are times when the remote is working , there are times it is not working. If it is working from the power-up / engine ignition, it will work for the whole driving session.
if it is not working from the beginning it will not work the whole day... it;s very strange.

Back