GitUp F1 Review

The latest GitUp F1 firmware added supercapacitor support so it is expected they will release some capacitor.

Great news! Glad to hear it's actually coming to fruition. I hope its just like popping in a new battery pack. With the new 90mm lens it should make for a nice dash cam.

90 mm :giggle: that will be the dream camera for all the airsoft snipers out there that like scope footage.

90 degrees i find are a fine FOV for both front and rear cameras, it is only on my side 90 degree innovv C3 i find 90 deg are too narrow.
Back in the day i actually tried out the 90 deg C3 lens on my mobius in the rear, and that looked just fine to me.

I hope GitUp are having better luck than me in finding a good 90deg lens. I decided to try my own 4mm 8MP lens but so far it has been very frustrating.
EDIT: The lens is faulty. The problem is nothing to do with the F1, since I have replicated the loss of focus in a different camera.

IMG_20180218_222219-01.jpeg
I set the focus using video out over Wi-Fi, and had it fully secured with a locking ring. Yet one video clip could be in focus, and the next be a long way out :confused:. This happened on a number of occasions whilst trying to get it ready for testing this week. I'm not sure what's going on. The F1 was not doing this with its original lens.

I've now moved the 4mm 8MP lens into a Mobius 1 to see how it compares to the A2 lens in another Mobius 1, and to see if it remains in focus.

Last edited:
I hope GitUp are having better luck than me in finding a good 90deg lens. I decided to try my own 4mm 8MP lens but so far it has been very frustrating.
View attachment 36549
I set the focus using video out over Wi-Fi, and had it fully secured with a locking ring. Yet one video clip could be in focus, and the next be a long way out :confused:. This happened on a number of occasions whilst trying to get it ready for testing this week. I'm not sure what's going on. The F1 was not doing this with its original lens.

I've now moved the 4mm 8MP lens into a Mobius 1 to see how it compares to the A2 lens in another Mobius 1, and to see if it remains in focus.

If it's the first video clip that's in focus and the second that is out of focus it sounds like it could be a heat expansion issue. I wonder if the original lens having support around the bezel from the housing may provide structural support for the lens barrel? If so, perhaps you could devise some way to better support the 8MP lens barrel?

If it's the first video clip that's in focus and the second that is out of focus it sounds like it could be a heat expansion issue. I wonder if the original lens having support around the bezel from the housing may provide structural support for the lens barrel? If so, perhaps you could devise some way to better support the 8MP lens barrel?
Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be as simple as that. For a start, the original lens does not get structural support from the housing, although they are a close fit - probably 0.5mm gap or so.

I've managed three or four consecutive clips in focus, only for the the next to be blurred, taken just a few seconds later.

I've left it running for 5 - 10 minutes and not observed the focus shift at all. It's only between consecutive clips that I see a change.

All of this sounds like something is loose, changing focus as I move the camera, but I can not find any play in the lens or its holder. I've tapped at it back and forth during a recording and nothing moved or affected the focus.

I was focusing indoors late last night, so not ideal conditions. I had tried earlier in the day with similar inconsistent results, but I was distracted by the kids so I didn't finish.

I'll try a more rigorous approach later in the week. I will find a way to support the camera securely with the case open, whilst still having access to the controls on the underside of the case. The other half of the case is connected by the thin antenna which is a nuisance. I'm powering the F1 with a powerbank since the battery is removed when the case is open.
IMG_20180218_222125-01.jpeg

All of this sounds like something is loose, changing focus as I move the camera, but I can not find any play in the lens or its holder.
There's definitely a serious fault with this lens :eek: - possibly a loose glass element??

This is a recording from this morning, with the 4mm 8MP lens installed in a Mobius 1. I focused it last night - not that you can tell! The focus changes as I accelerate and decelerate, which is something I've not seen before in a lens. This is my original M1, with a metal lens holder and a set screw, so I know the lens body is not moving relative to the sensor.

No wonder I wasted so much time trying to focus this lens on the F1 last night :mad:

Time to see if Fulekan customer service is good for after-sales issues

Tony have you had a chance to test Drift Ghost 4k? Has anyone else?

https://driftinnovation.com/products/ghost-4k

So far I have found 2 other cameras in the form factor similar F1 which are 4k@30fps(Legend 3 and Ghost 4k)...

However F1 has better sensor(HDR 317 vs 117) and is 28% less (108$) than Legend 3 (150$) and 60% less than Ghost 4k (270$) (and that's without optional screen module you can purchase for another 60$). This is based on AliExpress.

Tony have you had a chance to test Drift Ghost 4k? Has anyone else?

https://driftinnovation.com/products/ghost-4k

So far I have found 2 other cameras in the form factor similar F1 which are 4k@30fps(Legend 3 and Ghost 4k)...

However F1 has better sensor(HDR 317 vs 117) and is 28% less (108$) than Legend 3 (150$) and 60% less than Ghost 4k (270$) (and that's without optional screen module you can purchase for another 60$). This is based on AliExpress.
No I have not. First I've heard of it. Looks like an interesting camera. Rather expensive though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Michelin Man F1 1
Z F1 13
TonyM F1 17
TonyM F1 113
TonyM F1 0
Back