ViofoSeller-India

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
India
Dash Cam
VIOFO
Hi Friend,

I am from India and it may be surprise to know for you that Dash Camera are rarely use in India.
We have road full of traffic law offenders, rash drivers, minor driver etc, still there prevails a negligence regarding use of dash camera in India.

However, thanks to Forum like DashCamTalk and online seller like Amazon, Flipkart, Ebay etc, dash camera are now becoming easy to find thing in India.
I would like to share one wonderful dash camera available in India at https://carcamera.in

Above site has good reviews, real video samples, interesting FAQs, Product Features Images and Testimonials.

Dash Camera available from https://carcamera.in has following features in brief:

1) Real Full HD. Visit site for real video samples.
2) 170 Degree Field of View.
3) Dual Recording. i.e. Front & Rear camera simultaneous recording in case someone overtake from wrong side from behind and collides. At that time, front cam will not have any proof. Only rear camera will have proof.
4) Inbuilt 4 inch Full HD Screen & Speaker: At time of accident, nobody has time to arrange for laptop to play video footage. This dash cam has inbuilt speaker & 4 inch Full HD Scree which also helps in reverse parking.
5) Loop Recording, Auto Screen turn off, inbuilt mic.
6) Comes with Hardwire USB power for Always On Connection. USB adaptor. USB cable.
7) Parking Monitor, G-Sensor.
8) Suction Mount so that dash cam becomes portable.
9) Excellent Night Video quality. Visit site for real video sample.
10) Durable. It survives in hot condition inside car and hot summer of India.

All of above is just less than INR 9000 including all taxes, delivery charges.

I hope above information will help my Indian Friends.

Have a Happy & Safe Driving !

Are you retailing this? Sounds very much like you happened to come across this far from "wonderful dash camera".

Keeping in mind this is available on Aliexpress for 2500 rupees, a battery powered dash cam with AR0330 (front) + VGA (rear) for 7500 INR (115 USD) in 2018, just doesn't cut it.

Even with 6 months warranty (which BTW shows your confidence in the product), the pricing is unreasonable.

Have you tested this model for any length of time? Promoting a battery powered dash cam for Parking Mode in Indian climate, not a good idea...

Also AR0330 is not 12MP.

Are you retailing this? Sounds very much like you happened to come across this far from "wonderful dash camera".

Keeping in mind this is available on Aliexpress for 2500 rupees, a battery powered dash cam with AR0330 (front) + VGA (rear) for 7500 INR (115 USD) in 2018, just doesn't cut it.

Even with 6 months warranty (which BTW shows your confidence in the product), the pricing is unreasonable.

Have you tested this model for any length of time? Promoting a battery powered dash cam for Parking Mode in Indian climate, not a good idea...

Also AR0330 is not 12MP.

Dear Harsh,

I am happy to see Indian here and that you recognise my post.

Actually buying from China website is not easy for all due to following points:
1) credit card is must which incures ₹500 Foreign markup fees.
2) Delivery takes 35-55 days.
3) Return/exchange not possible.
4) Requires to pay Excise Duty and submit Adhar Card.
5) Two same looking model can have different chipset so different quality.

You may please visit Video Section of our site https://carcamera.in Sir. We have uploaded Real Day , Night, Rear Cam video. We don't hide anything.

We are giving Paywith IndiaMart option to customer i.e. Their payment will be released to us only after they receive the product & confirm it's working as claimed !

We are really selling in more price because duties, GST, Delivery charges are included plus we are offering Hardwire cable, usb adaptor n usb cable. We r also giving 6 months replacement warranty.

We are selling it on All major Indian Ecom site since 2015 and no complaint yet. This dash cam works perfectly in Hot Indian summer.

We wish people here start using Dash cam instead of getting false accusations and court cases.

Regards

Other than no. 3, misinformation and marketing BS.

1) Card or account gets charged as per the prevailing conversion rate.
2) More like 7-30 days. As per my experience, mostly two weeks tops.

4) Duty if applicable needs to be paid but as per my experience, most parcels are handled by IndiaPost and for some inexplicable reason duty is never charged. Aramex, Fedex, GATI and DHL require a KYC to collect the duty, you don't need to specifically use your Aadhar number.
5) True but in this case all the listings are for the T810, same 96658 + AR0330.

Coming to no. 3

3) Yes it's a hassle and the costs involved vary depending on the service used for returning the item, but I wouldn't go as far as saying "Return/exchange not possible". I've successfully returned items and received replacements from Chinese vendors.

An additional hardwire kit + Import duty + GST, still doesn't add up. For 7500 INR I could buy 3 of these from AE.

While I recognise the fact that at least on paper you're providing warranty, which retailers like SJCAM India totally wash their hands off. Still 6 months warranty is laughable for a product that's been marked up triple the cost it retails for directly from China.

Ok Sir, We are giving you point-wise reply:

1) Yes, but the Foreign Currency Mark-up fees exists ! It may be different for different Banks.

2) Sir We can really BET with you that if you order any Dash Camera on Aliexpress, it will not come atleast before 25 days. We are ready to pay to full amount if your ordered item under Free Delivery comes before 25 days from date of ordering. ( There is Fedex,Gati, DHL option which cost INR 4000+). No shipment ever comes before 25 days. Let me know if you are ready to BET with us.

We are not drop-shipping. We commit to deliver product in 4 working days from date of order ! You may order now to check :)

3) Returning is possible only if item is damaged ! But what if you didn't like the video quality or it stopped working after 3 months !

4)Yes, When one order under Free Delivery on Aliexpress, one may or may not get tracking number once it enters India. eg. China Small Packet Tracking. And forget about Exchanging product unlike we are use to on Amazon. We are having 15 days full Refund return policy.

5) Yes sir. It has original Novatek 96658 chipset and AR0330 sensor so video quality is really superb.

Sir Import Duty Really exist because we import much larger quantity. And we need to take 18% GST i.e. Rs. 1300 as Tax from customer !
Also If I sell on Amazon, Flipkart , they charge a huge Platform fees for using their platform !

And if we are selling on our own website, the cost of maintaining & running website also need to be consider sir !

So I guess main concern is about price of our dash cam :( But Sir our price is just ₹8500 which much less than Transcend and Garmin Dash cams. I hope my dash cam is not being underestimated in Quality aspect ! I don't think Transcend, HP or Garmin offer longer warranty.

I hope you may get convinced one day to buy our dash camera :)

Have a Safe Driving Sir !

Regards,

Last edited:
A bet you'll lose, I'm talking from experience (150+ orders). And since AE has lately started using GATI for Indian parcels, it's under a week. Even ChinaPost and Singapore Post parcels reach from anywhere between 7-30 days.

As mentioned earlier, defective items can be returned. Obviously one needs to send it back.

Larger quantities means lower price. So in your own words, it's dated hardware being retailed at an overinflated price. Also the return policy is platform + category specific, no biggie if you're offering the same on your website as well.

Dear Sir,

Honestly we couldn't find any single item for which AE offers shipping by GATI . And even if it is offered then rate of shipping would be atleast $45 i.e. ₹3000. I would be happy if you can share link or screen shot for which GATI is available in free or less than $20. Please I will be grateful to you sir.

Now You are saying Any parcel will reach in 7-30 days, but I bet that any dash cam parcel will reach you after atleast 25 days under free shipping. ( I got on 75th day ).

Yes, as you agreed, damaged piece can be returned to AE BUT buyer needs to pay shipping charges ! I don't think sending dash cam parcel back to CHINA will take less than ₹3000.

Yes, we buy larger quantities but we are offering much lower rates than other brands. Also free delivery in 4 days, 15 days full refund/exchange, 6 months replacement warranty are included which is unmatched with AE.

So I guess main concern is about price of our dash cam :( But Sir our price is just ₹8500 which much less than Transcend and Garmin Dash cams. I hope my dash cam is not being underestimated in Quality aspect ! I don't think Transcend, HP or Garmin offer longer warranty.

Not the only concern but yes the price is highly overinflated. Not that I recommend it but one could buy a 0906 package for the same amount of money.

Wow! Are you actually comparing this to models from Transcend and Garmin. :rolleyes:

HP - 1 year warranty, Transcend - 2 years warranty.

Dear Sir,

Honestly we couldn't find any single item for which AE offers shipping by GATI . And even if it is offered then rate of shipping would be atleast $45 i.e. ₹3000. I would be happy if you can share link or screen shot for which GATI is available in free or less than $20. Please I will be grateful to you sir.

Now You are saying Any parcel will reach in 7-30 days, but I bet that any dash cam parcel will reach you after atleast 25 days under free shipping. ( I got on 75th day ).

Yes, as you agreed, damaged piece can be returned to AE BUT buyer needs to pay shipping charges ! I don't think sending dash cam parcel back to CHINA will take less than ₹3000.

GATI is not a separate option. If one chooses AE standard shipping, AE has started using GATI for Indian parcels. Same charge as what it was when sent via Singapore Post (under AE standard shipping).

I paid 700 INR to ship a Mini 0805 back to China via IndiaPost...

AE sellers also provide 6 months to a year of warranty, stop making false claims.

Yes, we buy larger quantities but we are offering much lower rates than other brands.

:LOL::rolleyes:

Also you seem to have completely missed the point.

Dear Sir,

You were saying AE Shipping takes at most 2 weeks, then you said 7-30 days. Also you couldn't prove AE ships by GATI in cheap rates.

Also you are repeatedly saying 6 months/1 year warranty by AE , but sir, they clearly says it's only for manufacturing defects ! And one need to send parcel to CHINA on own expense, and then if seller founds claim true, then only full/partial refund will be issued ! I won't say you are making false claim, but you are missing many points. Here is one link for sample Warranty/Refund statement of AE seller : https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32565...00_0109&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32565764785

Anyway,

I hope I too will get our product via GATI within 30 days. I had bought one item just before 1 month but no GATI was there.

You may suggest friends that branded dash cam Which doesn't have 4 inch full hd screen & rear recording and warranty void in Abnormal Temperature. (Transcend's warranty says so)

While , we will insist friends to buy our Dash Cam without any such temperature warning Warranty upto 6 months. Free replacement if malfunctioned in 6 months !

I already covered that one needs to send item to AE in CHINA on own expense ! So 6 months warranty by AE seller has no use for cheap items.

Yes we have less price, you can laugh sir but your laugh would be relevant only if I am selling higher than other sellers in India for same product & terms.

Regards,

Last edited:
Back