Micro SD card for AUKEY DR02

kalip

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
AUKEY DR02
Is a ADATA MicroSDXC 64GB UHDS-1 Class 10 Card compatible with an AUKEY DR02 Dashboard Camera?
I purchased one to use with my AUKEY DR02 however I subsequently I read that:

AUKEY Advises Micro SD card “128GB (Max) Class 10+ card formatted in dash cam for reliable performance. 'Samsung EVO' cards and SanDisk cards (except 'SanDisk High Endurance')
NOT suitable for any dash cam.”

Last edited:
Sandisk are unreliable in my personal experience. I've also had good luck with Toshiba brand, and whilst researching seen that ADATA seems OK too. Have you checked the Amazon reviews for this card?. I'd perhaps play it safe and use a card that works if you're unwilling to risk it. With Amazon you can probably return it if it doesn't work though

Thank you for your advice.

I have used various brands of SD Cards and I have had no problems with them.

The manufacturer indicated that with Dash Cams there is constant writing and rewriting of videos and also, they can be exposed to high operating temperatures.
Normal SD Cards are not designed for that purpose , hence the reason why they don’t recommend those cards.

My research online has indicated that there are two High Performance SD Cards:
  • SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring Micro SD Card (64GB)
  • Transcend Information High Endurance Micro SD Card. (64GB)
High Endurance Micro SD Card claim to be:
  • Ideal for dashcams and home video monitoring cameras
  • Specially developed for high endurance applications
  • Up to 10,000 hours of Full HD video recording. Operating temperature: - (-25ºC to 85ºC)
  • Class 10 for Full HD video (1080p) recording and playback
  • Built for and tested in harsh conditions; temperature-proof, shock-proof, waterproof.
The ADATA MicroSDXC 64GB card has served me in good stead to date.
The issue here is whether or not it can stand up to the rigours of constant writing and
rewriting together with the high temperatures during hot sunny days, and if so for how long.
All things considered I think I would upgrade to a High Endurance Micro SD Card.

Last edited:
I guess with a High Endurance card you KNOW its engineered for hash workloads so there is no guess work. Play it safe I guess because there is no point having a cam if the footage is not recorded. Bottom line, the entire setup is only as resilient as the weakest part , good luck.

The Samsung EVO' Cards shown on the link you posted are reasonable priced; these cards are designed for mainstream use like in digital cameras, DSLRs, camcorders, mobile phones etc.
Please bear in mind that Samsung EVO' Cards are not recommended for Dash Cams. or even for home security cameras or any device where there is constant writing and rewriting data.

Last edited:
Samsung EVO' Cards are not recommended for Dash Cams. or even for home security cameras or any device where there is constant writing and rewriting data.

Where did you read that recommendation/s ?............... These card are becoming well proven in high demand situations way beyond the stresses of dash cameras and can only improve further with advances in technology.

I know a guy who uses the 256gb cards while recording football games on a professional HD TV camera to be replayed later on that night for home viewers and they work sweet.

Yeah sure, like everything there is a wear out point but at this price point, who cares.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no expert like others on this forum in relation to cards but I think you could be a little misguided through whatever recommendations you were reading............ Just my 2 cents.

probably based on them not having warranty for this type of usage

Even thought they provide a 10-year limited warranty for 4K UHD and my mates HD TV camera is only 1920x1080 ?
As you'd know I am probably missing something here and always respect your educated opinions with these matters.

I'm also in hospital at the minute under heaps of morphine so bear with me.

Even thought they provide a 10-year limited warranty for 4K UHD and my mates HD TV camera is only 1920x1080 ?
As you'd know I am probably missing something here and always respect your educated opinions with these matters.

warranty generally excludes use in DVR's unless specified otherwise

I am no expert on this subject I may be completely wrong but I am just guided by my Aukey Dash Cam guideline which stated:
“AUKEY Advises Micro SD card “128GB (Max) Class 10+ card formatted in dash cam for reliable performance. 'Samsung EVO' cards and SanDisk cards (except 'SanDisk High Endurance') NOT suitable for any dash cam.
I also got some information here https://www.rexingusa.com/en/choosing-a-memory-card/
If I have posted incorrect information then I humbly apologise for misleading others.
But personally I shall stick to my Dash Cam's manufacturers guidelines.

Last edited:
up to press I have had no issues with the Samsung evo pro's, but I have had to throw 3 scandisk cards away now after around 3 months use.

I just purchased the DR02-J and need a micro sd card. Do you guys have any recommendations? Was thinking about samsung evo until I read the aukey's note advising against it.

Last edited:
Some folks claim to have used the Samsung Evo and with good results.
However, I have followed Aukey’s advice and stuck to the High Endurance SD Card.

I've been using the Samsung Evo Select for 6 monthes in the DR2 with no issues. The 128.

Is a ADATA MicroSDXC 64GB UHDS-1 Class 10 Card compatible with an AUKEY DR02 Dashboard Camera?
I purchased one to use with my AUKEY DR02 however I subsequently I read that:

AUKEY Advises Micro SD card “128GB (Max) Class 10+ card formatted in dash cam for reliable performance. 'Samsung EVO' cards and SanDisk cards (except 'SanDisk High Endurance')
NOT suitable for any dash cam.”
########################################
I am using the SanDisk Ultra 64GB with no problems.

Back