Garmin 55 Hard wire fuses

pgfitzpatrick

Reaction score
Country
United States
looking to hardwire my garmin 55 using the garmin parking cable. Per the instructions, I need to
-> Ground
-> ACC 12V
-> Battery 12V
Bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01LFXA5YQ to tap into the fuse box, but wanted to know what size fuses i need to add in to protect the circuits (ACC and Batt).
I'm driving a 2017 Silverado.

Thanks
Patrick

I used 3A for each. Could use even smaller (2A) but that's what I had on hand.

Thanks for the response! When you wired the BATT connection up, did you wire up to a fuse that is ON all the time? If so, would that be a drain on the battery?

Thanks for the response! When you wired the BATT connection up, did you wire up to a fuse that is ON all the time? If so, would that be a drain on the battery?
Yes, I did. This is how it's supposed to be wired if you want to use the parking mode. The drain is very small, plus the parking mode kit has a built in battery discharge protection that will shut the camera down if the battery gets low.

Hi, Can you turn OFF the Parking Mode Function on the Garmin 55 if you don't care to use it? Thanks

HELP! I recently hardwired my dash cam 55 and it does record while parked and charge when on but when I turn on my car again it shuts down and resets to the main menu where I have to pick the LANGUAGE(American English), UNITS (km or mi), TIME FORMAT (12-hour 24-hour UTC) agree to the Warming about not moving the camera while driving and then CAMERA PLACEMENT(Left Center Right), VEHICLE HIEGHT(Tall Normal car), RECORD AUIDO(on or off)...etc I have to do this every time I turn on my car again. I’m not sure if this is normal or is it only me that has to do this every time they start their car in order for the camera to record.

HELP! I recently hardwired my dash cam 55 and it does record while parked and charge when on but when I turn on my car again it shuts down and resets to the main menu where I have to pick the LANGUAGE(American English), UNITS (km or mi), TIME FORMAT (12-hour 24-hour UTC) agree to the Warming about not moving the camera while driving and then CAMERA PLACEMENT(Left Center Right), VEHICLE HIEGHT(Tall Normal car), RECORD AUIDO(on or off)...etc I have to do this every time I turn on my car again. I’m not sure if this is normal or is it only me that has to do this every time they start their car in order for the camera to record.
First, I would try with the original cig. adapter plugged into an accessory outlet. Second, a different SD card.
If no luck, call Garmin - your camera has one year warranty.

Back