Do parking mode videos get overwritten?

jonat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently got the 55 and the parking mode cable. It works fine, but I see that it fills up with parking mode videos. I can't find any text that tells me whether the oldest ones get overwritten automatically or if I have to clear them out on my own. I know that the regular "unsaved" videos do recycle. It seems to me it would be a poor design if the parking videos had to be manually removed periodically. (I also echo the sentiment elsewhere that the Virb app is awful.)

Sadly no. For unknown reason, Garmin decided to prioritize parking videos over driving ones.

FWIW, I wrote Garmin a long email with my requests for changes, and I received a pleasant, somewhat personal reply. We shall see. I also pointed them to my Amazon review of the 55 where I expound on some of the issues.

FWIW, I wrote Garmin a long email with my requests for changes, and I received a pleasant, somewhat personal reply. We shall see. I also pointed them to my Amazon review of the 55 where I expound on some of the issues.
If they could fix the parking mode and increase the bit rate, I would be a happy camper.

Back