Upgrade Transcend DrivePro 200

Override

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Heyo guys,
Just fixed / upgraded my Drivepro 200 and since it worked I I just wanted to share this..

I bought the Dashcam 2 years ago and it was almost as it knew it was past warranty because it began to mallfunction.
Every morning when starting the car the memory was resetted and all my settings including date and time was back to default..
Not very handy since I tweaked some settings and its very hard to find a recording when all recordings are date stampt 00-00-2000 or something similair.

When I bought a new Blackvue dashcam this Transcend was still in the back of my mind so I decided to take it apart.
Opening the Drivepro without making a some little scratches turned out to be almost impossible but I managed to click it open with a small flat screwdriver.
Since there was no battery inside I came to the conclusion that the two super capacitators (3.3F 2.7V) where there to power the dashcam memory when it was turned off.
So I ordered for a couple bucks a set of Super condensators from Aliexpress with a little more power (5.0F 2.7V).

2 weeks later I received them and I started soldering.... Now I got everything back together and although the new condensators are bigger it still fitted perfectly.

Now (besides some scratches) it is even better then before because also after a couple of days it still has its memory! w0000t!

Here the before and after pic from the inside of the Transcend DrivePro 200.

UpgradeDrivePro200.JPG

Maybe Transcend can make the DrivePro 200 Override edition with bigger Capacitators? :p

Great stuff - those YEC capacitors don't have a great reputation over at badcaps.net!

I recently replaced some caps in my satellite receiver after it was playing up and used Panasonic high temperature ones which have a good reputation - so far so good even with my rubbish soldering skills :D

Great stuff - those YEC capacitors don't have a great reputation over at badcaps.net!

I recently replaced some caps in my satellite receiver after it was playing up and used Panasonic high temperature ones which have a good reputation - so far so good even with my rubbish soldering skills :D

Let first see how these cheap ones hold... I it catches fire I know to use Panasonic high temperatures ones next time! :) thanks.

Heyo guys,
Just fixed / upgraded my Drivepro 200 and since it worked I I just wanted to share this..

I bought the Dashcam 2 years ago and it was almost as it knew it was past warranty because it began to mallfunction.
Every morning when starting the car the memory was resetted and all my settings including date and time was back to default..
Not very handy since I tweaked some settings and its very hard to find a recording when all recordings are date stampt 00-00-2000 or something similair.

When I bought a new Blackvue dashcam this Transcend was still in the back of my mind so I decided to take it apart.
Opening the Drivepro without making a some little scratches turned out to be almost impossible but I managed to click it open with a small flat screwdriver.
Since there was no battery inside I came to the conclusion that the two super capacitators (3.3F 2.7V) where there to power the dashcam memory when it was turned off.
So I ordered for a couple bucks a set of Super condensators from Aliexpress with a little more power (5.0F 2.7V).

2 weeks later I received them and I started soldering.... Now I got everything back together and although the new condensators are bigger it still fitted perfectly.

Now (besides some scratches) it is even better then before because also after a couple of days it still has its memory! w0000t!

Here the before and after pic from the inside of the Transcend DrivePro 200.

View attachment 37462

Maybe Transcend can make the DrivePro 200 Override edition with bigger Capacitators? :p
Hi Override.

You had more life out of your capacitors than me.
Mine were poor from the beginning. If you left your car off for a couple of days, then everything would reset.
Now, they don't hold any memory. :(

Can you suggest some compatible capacitors apart from those Aliexpress ones?
What do I need to look for?

Can they be taken off old motherboards?

I opened my Transcend DrivePro 200 up, and it is a 3.7v 430 mAh three wire battery with a connector.
I am having trouble finding one.

Dashcam Battery 3.7v 430 mAh.jpg

I also Opened my Transcend DrivePro 200. There were no capacitors but there was a 4.2V 1.59Wh battery. Hope replacing this will fix it.
IMG_2924.jpegIMG_2925.jpeg

IMG_2928.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2926.jpeg
    IMG_2926.jpeg
    337.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2927.jpeg
    IMG_2927.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 10
Hello everyone. Can anyone help me, I can’t seem to find a replacement battery for this, I just googled the above and nothing turned up and I don’t feel confident working out what can be a suitable/compatible replacement.

Back