Watch Live

LijongTao

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Is it possible to connect my 412gw to a Laptop/ipad etc via the ports and watch the live footage from the cam while still recording.

Thanks Li

It isn't on a laptop I'm sorry but on an iPad you can via the Cam Viewer App

Is that for pre-recorded footage? I am looking to see if I can view the camera live on a bigger screen while still recording and moving.

That sounds like it could be problematic.

We all know that dashcams push the SD card to the limit on writing and the 412 needs a minimum 50Mbps write speed. Put concurrent reading into the mix and I just can't see it working.

Is that for pre-recorded footage? I am looking to see if I can view the camera live on a bigger screen while still recording and moving.
Having a camera live view visible to the driver whilst driving is actually against the law in the UK. If it's for the passengers then that's OK, providing it is not distracting the driver.

But why would you want to do that? :unsure:
The technique of looking out of the front window will likely make for a much safer journey.:)
+1

My daughter has autism. She sits in the back but loves watching the small screen. Her eyesight isn't great so I wondered if I put it on a tablet she could watch it.

PS She can't see out of the front window, she is too small.

I am aware it's against the law and given my job I am aware of the legal legislation but it doesn't apply to back seat passengers.

My daughter has autism. She sits in the back but loves watching the small screen. Her eyesight isn't great so I wondered if I put it on a tablet she could watch it.

PS She can't see out of the front window, she is too small.

I am aware it's against the law and given my job I am aware of the legal legislation but it doesn't apply to back seat passengers.
I agree that rule does not apply to rear seat passengers. I have thought of doing something similar with one of my cameras for my two boys in the back, especially the younger one who is in a rear-facing seat.

I don't know anything specific about the 412gw.

Most camera apps I have seen will allow you to see the live view while recording. However they also let the person holding the screen control the camera, such as stop recording and change settings. If you can mount the iPad out of reach that should not be a problem for little hands that like to press buttons!

As an alternative solution you could buy a small mobius camera which works very well as a pc webcam, and also works as a dashcam.

Hi Li.
As you have one. have you 'just tried it'? That would be my take on it. 5 mins in the car. Job done.:)

I would suggest using an android emulator such as bluestacks on your pc then installing and running the Cam viewer app on that. Not sure how good it would be though speed wise.

OK thanks everyone. I will try it. I just didn't want to invest in an ipad device if it didn't work. I will see if I can borrow one.

Or an Android phone/tablet or iPhone to test if you have/can borrow one.

Back