SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

updated version added to the first post

Previously you posted the date of new firmware updates in the OP to avoid any confusion for users who come to the thread in the future. How about doing that again?
Also, a changelog might be useful and appreciated. (in the thread rather than requiring a download)

Previously you posted the date of new firmware updates in the OP to avoid any confusion for users who come to the thread in the future. How about doing that again?
Also, a changelog might be useful and appreciated. (in the thread rather than requiring a download)

updated

Thanks for the update. Reading the change log I realise I didn't update to the previous version either. Good timing too, as I have just removed the GC from my wife's old car - she is picking up her new car today.

Why is it that so often manufacturers just flippantly demand users re-set the entirety of the devices personalized settings after an update, like it’s no big deal?

Why is it that so often manufacturers just flippantly demand users re-set the entirety of the devices personalized settings after an update, like it’s no big deal?
I agree it's a pain having to reset everything. It's time consuming if nothing else. Sometimes you forget a particular setting which changes the way the camera works.

It would be nice if we could save our current settings to a configuration file on the microSD card. Then after the update simply apply those settings to the camera again by reading from the configuration file. I do that all the time whenever I get new firmware for my Mobius cameras. Of course this does not always work if the updated firmware has new features.

I agree it's a pain having to reset everything. It's time consuming if nothing else. Sometimes you forget a particular setting which changes the way the camera works.

It would be nice if we could save our current settings to a configuration file on the microSD card. Then after the update simply apply those settings to the camera again by reading from the configuration file.

Good news, Street Guardian engineers have a great new option in the works to help with this
(More details coming soon after more internal testing is done first)

bumping this thread.
Are there any new beta fw that we could try?

I found some errors in russian menu (i use english language in menu alltime). "Autorestart" option translated as "Автовыключение" -its like Autopoweroff.
"Autorestart" can be translated as "Авторестарт".

I found some errors in russian menu (i use english language in menu alltime). "Autorestart" option translated as "Автовыключение" -its like Autopoweroff.

that menu option used to function as auto power off, we changed the function to auto restart but you're the first one to pickup that the menu name was incorrect, thanks

Напишите по-русски, трудно понять что Вы хотите сказать/спросить/уточнить

Напишите по-русски, трудно понять что Вы хотите сказать/спросить/уточнить
jokiin все правильно понял про некорректность перевода пункта меню. Для меня лично это не имеет значения, я использую меню на английском, просто хотел сообщить.

Good news, Street Guardian engineers have a great new option in the works to help with this
(More details coming soon after more internal testing is done first)

Did anything come of this "new option" jokiin?
If so does it work for the older SG's like mine - SG9665GC V2?

For the newest fw, any difference between the March 23, 2018 (first post of this thread) and the November 27, 2018 (from streetguardian.info)? Changelog seems identical other than the date but wondering why are there two different ones.
Also wondering if this model is still supported, e.g. will receive new fw updates in the future, or considered to be obsolete.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R SG9665GC 1
Brent. SG9665GC 17
A SG9665GC 100
jokiin SG9665GC 24
jokiin SG9665GC 154
Back