A119 Firmware

Kind of pointless to have a time-stamp on the file if it is wrong. This should be an easy thing for them to fix, so why not fix it.
In the settings there is a Time Zone you can set. Maybe the solution to the naming discrepancy is somewhere in that setting. Have you tried playing with that?

In the settings there is a Time Zone you can set. Maybe the solution to the naming discrepancy is somewhere in that setting. Have you tried playing with that?
the file name and OSD time are correct which would indicate he has the timezone set correctly, I believe he's referring to the file attribute creation time as shown in Windows explorer not matching

I noticed that the file timestamps are off by hours. The file name has the correct time in it, and the correct time is displayed during playback, but the modified date of the file is hours earlier.
Does the country where do you live have summer time? If yes, simple add one more hour to time zone, time will change automatically.

Anyone knows what is the lastest dated V36 firmware? is it A119 20180228?

Does the country where do you live have summer time? If yes, simple add one more hour to time zone, time will change automatically.

Yes, it does have "daylight savings time", but that would only account for 1 hour at most, and as I said, the time in the file name, and in the video are correct, only the file creation/modified time is wrong by several hours.

Yes, it does have "daylight savings time", but that would only account for 1 hour at most, and as I said, the time in the file name, and in the video are correct, only the file creation/modified time is wrong by several hours.
I looked at a few files for both A119 and A119S on my Windows 10 PC. I looked at both the "Created" and "Modified" date/times for several video files in Windows File Explorer. The "Created" dates were all later than the "Modified" date/times by varying differences (sometimes days). The "Modified" date/time appears to correspond within a truncated minute to the date/time recorded by the Date/Time Stamp at the end of the video file. The date/time in the filename corresponds closely (within a couple of seconds) to the Date/Time Stamp at the beginning of the video file. Could be wrong, but my guess, after looking at a few files previously copied to my PC, is that the "Created" date/time is the date/time that the file was copied to the computer.

{Edit: My A119 and A119s weren't available, but I looked at the microSD card file of an SJCAM M20 video before and after the file was copied to the PC with these results: Before being copied, the "Created" Date time listed by the PC reading the microSD card was within a truncated minute of the date/time stamped at the beginning of the video file. After being copied to the PC, the "Created" date/time changed to be within a truncated minute of the date/time at which the video was copied to the PC. No change was noted for the "Modified" date/time from that previously described above.}

Last edited:
Anyone tried A119 v3.6 yet out yesterday? I am still on v2.06 and wonder what had changed and upgraded. Mine working alright no problem at all.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Hello, All. I have updated the camera to the latest firmware version 3.6. I have reported a bug. The latest recored video is always corrupt. Once I turn of the ingnition the camera shut down immediately and the file is corrupted after that.

Back