Know When Your Car Has Has An Impact

oo7ml

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi,

Is it possible to know if your car has been bumped when you get back to it after it has been in parking mode, without browsing through all of your footage?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,

Yes, you have a voice prompt when you leave parking mode. : << an impact has been detected during parking mode >>
But all impacts occured during last 5 minutes before leaving parking are excluded.

Ok, thanks... can you explain this a little further please - "But all impacts occured during last 5 minutes before leaving parking are excluded."

You will not be prompted by the voice for all impacts occured during last 5 minutes before leaving parking mode.
It helps to avoid false alarm when you open/close the door.

Ok, i'm still lost :)

If there is an impact 2 hours before i get into the car... how do i know?

If there is an impact 2 mins before i get into the car... how do i know?

If there is an impact 2 hours before i get into the car... how do i know?
You will be advised by vocal announcement when you will start driving

If there is an impact 2 mins before i get into the car... how do i know?
You will not be advised. Same thing for an impact 5 min before driving.

That's why I suggest to use the Cloud in order not to miss an impact.

Ok thanks for this.

In order to use cloud i need to put a wi-fi module in the car, right? Do you have any advice on how or where to get something like this?

Thanks for all of your help so far, and for the speedy responses... much appreciated.

Hey @oo7ml
Yeah, to use cloud services you'd need your dash cam connected to a mobile hot-spot of some sort.
You can get one at your local cell phone carrier usually.
You'd need to activate it with a sim card and a data plan, you may be able to share the data between your smartphone and the mobile hotspot depending if your carrier allows it.

It may be better to have the hotspot on it's own data plan though, usually you can if one works better than the other.

Once you have it set up, you just need to signup for a BlackVue cloud account.
Of course you would need to have your dashcam hardwired for parking mode usability too..

Now, can someone confirm if you get the push notifications with a free BlackVue account?
Or do you have to upgrade to one of their monthly subscriptions?

Hello, new here, I have my 750ds wired up to the constant live so it hopefully is recording right now, I emailed them and they said I won't get alerted but I believe thats through my phone, so just to confirm, if my car is in parking mode and gets hit, will the dash cam itself alert me when I return to my car, that's all I want to know everywhere else I look there on about phone notifications, I want to know for definite 100% if the dash cam itself will tell me, please and thank you

Yes, your cam should audibly say something if there was an impact during parking mode.
Assuming the impact was over 5 minutes after you left your car.

Yes, your cam should audibly say something if there was an impact during parking mode.
Assuming the impact was over 5 minutes after you left your car.
Brilliant, thanks for that I've been looking everywhere for confirmation, I got hit with my old cam and haven't found the footage yet got hours to look through, so it also saves separately so I can get to it easy? Thanks again!!

It saves it as the date, then tags the title with a "normal", "event" or "parking" letter to distinguish between different types of recordings.
I can't really recall how the SD folder looks internally since I normally use the desktop app to manage the files.

It saves it as the date, then tags the title with a "normal", "event" or "parking" letter to distinguish between different types of recordings.
I can't really recall how the SD folder looks internally since I normally use the desktop app to manage the files.
Well I'm sure it events that save impacts, hopefully it works, I rocked my car before and it just saved it as normal recording motion detection so hopefully it works, need to test it somehow thanks

Ive got a much cheaper idea If I park in public carparks, when I come back to the car I look along the sides to see if there are any pin marks or scratches.
I reckon if you are a block or so away you arent going to get there to see who did it if is a door into the side anyway and the camera will have registered a bump but not seen who did it.

Back