Issue with hardwire

xtsx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi,

I bought the AR790. I've installed the dashcam as per instructions and I went to test the hardwiring verification according to their book.
It states - With the unit turned off, connect the ACC cable only and it should be red. Connect the B+ cable only and it should be blue. and connect both and the led light should be purple. Well I've tried that and connecting either cable doesn't show any light. When I connect both, it shows blue. if i put the car in accessory mode, the blue light turns off. I can't figure out what is wrong? Can anyone help? I've even tried concluding the unit is broken and had it sent back for repair, they replaced the front cam for me. I plug it in and it seem to do the same thing. The wires are connected to fuse box using piggy back fuse holder. I used 3A fuses for the upper(dashcam) fuse and the other is the stock fuse.
please advise.

Richard

No Suggestions on things to try? Has this happened to anyone before?

Hey xtsx,

So your RED ACC wire should be connected to a switched power fuse (which becomes inactive when your vehicle is off)
Your YELLOW BATT (B+) wire should be connected to a constant power fuse (powered even when vehicle is off).
Then of course, you ground your black wire (it sounds like this needs to be done before you try and check LEDs)

So maybe you have your wires crossed backwards?
Might suggest taking your car in to have someone visually look at the install and see if there's any hiccups.

I have recently changed from a Blackvue DR650GS 2 ch to the AR790. Was using power magic pro which had started switching off in parking mode (it was bought in 2015). The AR790 wiring is neater and I also had some initial problems with working out what is ultimately a simple process - just keep in mind that electricity goes around in a circle and must be able to. Make sure the rear camera is connected as the AR790 will only work when both units are connected together (poor design I think, faulty rear camera, cannot record at all). The piggy back fuse unit should come with a fuse, possibly yellow, in it. Take the chosen car fuse out and place it in the spare piggyback slot. Mine is wired to the rear windscreen wiper, only active with the ignition on, and the rear 12 volt lighter socket (lucky to have one), always has power. Check the connection of the wires in the piggyback fuse grips. Please don't take any of this as patronising, I live my life by a simple process and try to view everything in its simplest way.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P QVIA AR790 4
K QVIA AR790 2
Back