F770 Voltage Setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to figure out how low i can go on the voltage setting. I'm currently at 12.1V.
Can I go any lower with our jepodisng being able to start the car after its been sitting all day?

Most things point towards the 12V mark, but it kind of depends on factors like your current battery life, weather, how long you leave your car sitting there, ect.

Here's a battery discharge guide from here that might give you some more insight.

At 12.1V running both fronting great cameras, the camera is shutting off after around 5 hours recording in parking mode which isn't great.
I finally got the camera to run all day with a 128gb card but now I've added the rear camera I'm back to having my car unprotected all day again.
I bought a camera with parking mode to cover the car while i'm at work all day after 'a nice chap' crashed into it and drove off leaving me to pick up the bill.

I F'ed up my battery within 2 years, running the camera with cut off at lowest (11.7 I think it is?)
I drained the battery too much.. but did give nice long parkmode while it lasted :)
I now have cellink batteries installed

Have you checked the timer settings, @TheBlondeFella ?
I think the minimum timer is 6 hours, maybe double check.

Do you have your device hardwired directly in?
A portable battery option, such as cellink or the blackvue battery.
Thinkware is even coming out with their version of the battery too.

Nice thing would be not having to worry about car battery drainage.

the battery cutoff is set to the max at 48hr and I'm hardwired to the fuse box.
The camera recored all day set at 12.2V with one camera but with the rear camera added and set at 12.1V I'm only getting around 5 hrs of recording.
I can't think of any other reason other than the voltage which is causing the shorter time since fitting the rear camera.
If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions ....

I always recommend 12v exactly to customers and no one has ever shouted at me that they have a flat battery!

A bit of a late post but 12.2V is the recommended battery voltage, any lower and you risk harming your battery with the way it discharges. 12.1V is borderline and it risky as its based on software not hardware. 12V is just crazy and any lower is just bonkers and not very good to your car battery at all. After saying that most people will replace their battery or car at some point and knocking a few years off it might not be an issue?

@Maddog1974 the 12V setting you mentioned will not flatten the battery and it will record for that time, its just not healthy for the battery to drop to that constantly.

Add into factors such as cold and winter temps impact on batteries and its not looking so good.

Can anybody tell me how I can set the cutoff voltage for parking mode to 13v. I see the app settings highest voltage is 12.3. I have 260ah of lithium batteries in my vehicle and if I take them down to 12.3v they will be dead. Surely there is another way to do this.

You won't do that from the camera as 12.3v is the highest setting as usually its powered by a Lead Acid battery. I was thinking to use an Alfatronix PT-10 or 20 but having checked those the highest voltage shut off is only 12v!

Thanks for the reply. I have a Victron smart battery protect, installed to protect these batteries. If i get a feed from that, maybe this might do the trick. trouble is the Battery Protect is at the rear of the car.

Back