Parking mode shock sensor

horsepower

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Thinkware F800
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas, or thoughts about the parking mode on the F800.... More specifically, I would like to set it up to only record if the camera senses a shock to the truck.... Ultimately, I don't care to see 30 clips when I get in my truck in the morning of people walking down the street, or cats making out on the sidewalk or the neighbor taking out his trash, however I am very interested in seeing if someone bumps into my truck and drives away..

As far as I can tell, its an all or nothing kinda thing with motion and shock, am I right? If so, that really blows...

I don't think that function is possible. I do like where you are going with it though.

You can modify impact sensitivity within the ThinkWare settings through the mobile app or computer app.
Lowest to highest sensitivity; highest giving wider range, obviously.

there's not an impact only mode, the thing you might want to do though is just check out the parking recording folder instead of motion playback, that's where all the 'incidents' are stored while parked.

Also, I think you may be greatly underestimating the value of capturing cats making out on the sidewalk. :smuggrin:

I guess I could check out the parking recording folder, but I would rather not have to check it at all if I don't have to... When I start my truck up, it would be nice for it to tell me if something went down while it was stopped, instead of having to go look myself... As it stands now, when I start up, it will say "30 parking incidents recorded" or whatever the recording is, and that's because it recorded 30 incidents of motion, which I don't care about... I realize now that its not possible, but it sure would be nice to have it just tell me if there was shock incidents, or stay silent if nothing happened.

And dogs are better at doin it on the sidewalk... There's a reason its not called "Catty Style"

For the initial verbal notifications on car startup, I agree it would be nice if it notified how many 'impacts' there were and keep the 'motion detection recording: " over 10" separate. It's also bullsh!t that it can't keep a count of over 10 and tell exactly how many were detected. I always get 'over 10' and it would be more useful if it gave me an exact number.

As far as separation of files go on the SD card, it keeps all of the motion detected files in a folder called "motion_timelapse_rec" and it keeps all of the impact sensor files in a folder called: "parking_rec". So if you're only concern about impact notifications, you could just check that single folder everyday.

But yeah, it would be nice if it had filter options like the Blackvue where you set it up to only notify impact sensor notifications on startup so you know exactly when you should check the folder. I have a remote start on my car so it would also be nice if I can setup a filter for it to ignore the first few minutes of when the car gets started because opening and closing my door to get into the car always trips the impact sensor.

Back