Yi action cam connection problem

Gliderlure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, not the most tech savy and wondering if someone can help ! I use my xaomi yi in conjunction with the app on my samsung tablet. No problem till now. Turned on yesterday after not using for a while, worked no problem. Went to use again ,and after successfully connecting the screen goes black with message - 'wi action has stopped working ' tried everything to no avail, un installed app and reinstalled, same issue ! Would greatly appreciate any help or advise. ....thanks

A dumb question: Is the original Yi cam's battery charged?

Thanks for replies guy's, battery is charged. I use my camera in conjunction with the yi app on my tablet . The camera connects to app fine, then this message comes up on tablet - ' unfortunately yi action has stopped ' .... help appreciated !

Are you on the latest fw?
Try the community forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for replies, I updated the latest firmware and thats when the problem started.Appears to be some issue with the updated app and samsung tab 3 in particular. Yi keep telling me to disable data roaming, my tab3 doesn't offer that option, I dont have data roaming. When I go to the app in play store, it says 'may not be optimised for your device ' which it didn't before. I downloaded app to a mobile of a different make, and works no problem. Unfortunately I need it to work on my tab3 . Twoblues, do you mean yi community forum ? thanks again ...

Have you tried reverting to 1.2.13 firmware? Are you currently on 1.5.6? I 've suspected that 1.5.12 prevents use of the .ash hacks-no proof,maybe I'm daft. Log on to goprawn.com Address Nutsey with problem.Yi website shows the action cam as a product but no support-a partner built(xiaoyi?) the cams!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies for late reply two blues, advice much appreciated, I will do as you suggest and let you know if successful. Thanks again!

I'm using a 50Mbps firmware build for 22L/23L by Mighty777, with good filming in my original yis. Find it in the xiaomi Yi custom firmware with latest revision thread page 42of 43. Best part it's not like a .ash that goes away when you delete the card!

Hello again twoblues, just to let you know I got problem solved by resetting camera and downloading an older app. Thanks again for help,appreciated. .

Which version is the old app you are using?

3.2.8? Not an xiaomi Yi original cam fw.
I have both my original Yi cams on fw 1.5.6 modded by mighty and photo/Video performance is very good.

Oh, I thought the discussion was the cam installed fw.
The app from Yi is satisfactory for my use. I have moved on to Yi 4k + camera. Thanks!

Back