YI 4k+ external mic

showlyshah

Reaction score
Country
India
hello all, i am new to this forum. i need a bit help from you guys.
currently i own a mijia 4k, and i want to upgrade my cam to yi 4k +. but i have a problem.

i cant find an external usb c microphone or adapter that suits yi 4k+. checked almost all online websites which can deliver in my location. so i thought to make one myself.

i know there is a dac inside yi 4k+ which supports direct microphone input ( read in some forum) so i think there is a direct mic input ( with some enabler resistors or contacts to detect the mic input)

and i am good with electronics hardware modifications ( working as a service engineer for audio equipments for last 5 years, and an electronic hobbist for last 15+ yrs). so i thought to make a mic for myself. ( some clipon shure microphones are laying around collecting dust) .

so do anyone know the pinout of usb c port of this cam? or any external mirophone interface circuit diagrams?

thanks all. any help will be great.

Yi sells the usb c mic. adapter, with a 3.5mm standard mic. female connector. I'm sure you'll find it on their website, but I bought mine on EbayUS.

Does anyone know if someone makes a native type-c microphone that can work with the 4k+? Its too bad Saramonic doesn't make a type-c version of their G-Mic...

Sjcam makes one for their sj8 pro, I wouldn't think it worked in my Yi 4k+

Back