Is it worth the money

Petrol Head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, new to the forum.
After 6 years of loyal service my Mobius was smashed in an accident. I need to buy a good quality motion detect F & R system for the new car and quite fancy the F770.
I will want it hard wired, but that's no problem for me. Anyone got any good reasons as to why I shouldn't buy the F770.

Hi everyone, new to the forum.
After 6 years of loyal service my Mobius was smashed in an accident. I need to buy a good quality motion detect F & R system for the new car and quite fancy the F770.
I will want it hard wired, but that's no problem for me. Anyone got any good reasons as to why I shouldn't buy the F770.
I have the F770, it's a good dash cam.
I did have the blackvue 650s.
The F770 is Better quality than the blackvue 650s, but both have their + and - .

I will try list both for you.

Night time recording = F770.
Speed camera notification = F770
Time lapse park recording = F770
Motion detect recording = 650s
Connect to Wi-Fi and still live record = 650s
Cloud connect = 650s
Cloud download footage = 650s
Event detection notification when entering car = F770 & 650s
Motion detect footage split into 2 folders parking and even detect =650s
Even detect notification to phone by Wi-Fi = 650s
Phone app, = 650s.
Thumbnail view of video files by app = 650s
App showing map Gps =650s
Built in app video player = 650s.

Time lapse on the f770 is 1 frame per second, a lot can happen in one second. I emailed thinkware regarding this. The new F800 has 2 frames per second.

Both 2 good cameras, if all the features were combined, it would be one hell of a camera, still I do like the F770. It works for me and I have gods some good footage from it.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If you turn OFF the F770 by its button, does it completely disconnect from both ignition and permanent battery when hard wired (if I was to garage the car for 2 weeks whilst on holiday)

If you turn OFF the F770 by its button, does it completely disconnect from both ignition and permanent battery when hard wired (if I was to garage the car for 2 weeks whilst on holiday)

Well the ignition would be turned off anyway so no supply getting to the camera. It will still be connected to a permanent supply but it wont be using any power from it whilst manually powered off.

There will still be power going to the camera but the current draw would be very minimal, probably around 10mAh

Well the ignition would be turned off anyway so no supply getting to the camera. It will still be connected to a permanent supply but it wont be using any power from it whilst manually powered off.
There will still be power going to the camera but the current draw would be very minimal, probably around 10mAh

Thanks guys, it's just that someone I know has a switch on his permanent feed, but I didn't see the need for one if you can turn off the F770 with its own button.

A switch before the camera would reduce it to zero but the amount it will draw is very minimal, not sure it's worth the effort

A switch before the camera would reduce it to zero but the amount it will draw is very minimal, not sure it's worth the effort

Sorry to be a nuisance but will the F770 wake up when I turn on the ignition again, or do I have to press the button again first.

Yes it will wake up when the ignition goes back on.

I just hardwired the F770 recently and I can give you some feedback on it. Me and another person might be whom you are referring to about adding a switch because I did exactly that.

So the hardwire kit has three wires for: ground, accessory power, and constant power. I don't use parking mode much so I thought I would add a rocker on/off switch on the constant power wire. I thought I could leave the rocker switch in the OFF position when I don't need parking mode recording and flip it to ON when I do...BUT the camera WILL NOT work without the constant wire hooked up! The accessory wire is only used for switchign in and out of parking mode. I've tested this...if you unplug the constant wire but leave the accessory wire plugged in, the dash camera will start up but immediately shut off. Everything works fine if the constant wire is connected. I was hoping it would work like BlackVue's Power Magic Pro where I can simply flip the switch if I want parking mode or not.

I left the ON/OFF switch in place for now because even though you can manually turn off the camera by the power button, you have to hold it down for 3 seconds. It's much easier to just flip a switch but the downside is, you have to remember to flip it ON when you drive the car again.

LRKFmLy.jpg

qWfg14g.jpg

Last edited:
Back