Questions regarding the mounting of the M2

sam81

Reaction score
Country
United States
A couple of questions:

1) The M2 comes with a mounting base according to the BuyMobius website. Is this referring to the suction base used to attach to a windshield or is it referring to the metallic tripod?

2) If the M2 doesn't come with a suction base, will the metallic tripod attach to an existing suction base screw? Since the metallic tripod also acts as a heat sink, could it possibly melt the plastic screw on the old suction assembly? I live in a region that sees temperatures of up to 117 degrees so it gets very hot here.

1. the metallic tripod

2. doesn't get that hot that it would melt things

3. make sure you do your research and know what you're getting into, the Mobius is a great product, the Mobius 2 is not

IIRC the M2 comes with a mounting plate which attaches to the cam with 4 screws. That might be what they are referring to, I would ask directly ;)

Another vote against the M2 as there is nothing to recommend it- development was never completed and it appears that the process has permanently stopped leaving lots of problems unresolved. A nice concept poorly executed :(

Phil

@sam81
Only just joined the forum and note your post is from a few months back.

I have the Mobius2 with C2 lense. You are probably sorted by now, but I got all the mounting bits & pieces I wanted from Amazon.

Regarding the comnents from others about this cam, I can only assume the issues referred to have now been sorted. I got one within the last month and it's good.

Here are a few bits I got from Amazon, (except the mobius which was from ebay).

The mount attached to the camera is a vehicle suction mount.There us also a handlebar mount-currently using the cam on the cycle. See also the super capacitor from Amazon in case I decide to use the mobius2 as a rear facing cam in the car. I already have a forward facing 0801 dash cam fitted.
20180620_124132.jpg

That's a 35 degree wedge for mounting a camera on a drone. It might work in a car if your screen is at the right angle.

The product link says it's for helicopters?? Maybe a drone helicopter?

I saw it was for drones but they have different type of such mounts and they have different angles. I was just curious if anyone used such a set up for their dashcam.

I saw it was for drones but they have different type of such mounts and they have different angles. I was just curious if anyone used such a set up for their dashcam.
I think @Harsh uses a 3D-printed wedge to mount his rear facing Mobius.

mounted-2-png.39564

Harsh so you have 2 cameras to the rear? One is wide view and second is zoomed as plate reader?

Do you have the same set up to the front? If so, how many hardwire kits do you need for that type of set up?

Harsh so you have 2 cameras to the rear? One is wide view and second is zoomed as plate reader?

Do you have the same set up to the front? If so, how many hardwire kits do you need for that type of set up?

Yes, Mobius is with an 8mm lens, front I have a 12mm.

One hardwire kit (Vico-Power Plus) powers the A129 Duo, earlier it was powering the SG9665GC (front) and A119S (rear), works with the car off.

Second is a fuse tapped 12V socket with a 5 port USB car charger by Anker. This one shuts off when the car is turned off.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AgentSmith007 Mobius 2 / M2 4