Firmware 119PRO

Looking at the 1.2 / 1.3 files you can see that there are changes. It's annoying that there is no change log but on a very high level the files are different sizes.
1.2 = 41082 lines of code
1.3 = 40981 lines of code

Looking at them in a hex editor the main body is rather different too. I can't accept that the files are the same. I'll upgrade my camera today and see if there is any difference but the firmwares are rather different.

How did you get on with testing the firmware?

Seems to like bright sunshine a lot. A few stills from the last couple of days (screenshots of VLC Player) 1.3 firmware:

Ignore the dates and times, clock is wrong as no permanent power.

A119_Pro_2.jpg

A119_Pro_3.jpg

There's no permanent power supply.

It doesn't require one for the clock to retain the right time, there's a button battery on the main board that keeps the clock working

Still my fault then as I never set it because I thought it would lose time when switched off. Guess I'd better set it then!

Has anyone tested the major difference between 1.2 and 1.3?

Not the difference, but daytime looks very good. For low light, A119 probably still has the edge.

My personal choice of media player is PotPlayer which can save a frame at either the current window resolution, or at the original source resolution.
what /Video/Video Renderer do you use to watch 1440p?

Personally I just use Windows Media Player. I also have VLC installed and Real Player but WM does the job. (Win 10).

The popularity of the Modified Firmware topic has filled the last 4 pages of main Firmware A119PRO thread and looks to cause further chaos.
This last post on the subject will remain with link to new MOD home:
A119 PRO Modified Firmware MODs Archive = https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119-pro-modified-firmware-mods-archive.35825/

Big thank you to everyone that supports this work to improve our Dashcams and generate some excitement along the way, see you on the other side.
Kudos to Admin for moving 4 more pages of posts. This one relocated perfectly. //EOF

@viofo
I wonder if there is work on the firmware of this model? or ......

New Firmware for A119 v4.00 released today, soon all will include these changes.
Based on changes in Firmware data tables values in all VIOFO Dashcams the A119 is first priority, then A119S, A119Pro finally A129. Nothing very special has ever been done to A119Pro, unlike the A129 which has many differences and image improvements all other models do not yet have.

I've put a comparison of Viofo 1.2 vs Mod 7 in this thread here:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...l-firmware-vs-bc-mod-7-stable-firmware.35908/

I was going to update with vidoes of the official Viofo 1.3 firmware only, but unfortunately after several weeks of rebooting itself, my A119 Pro went to heaven and took the 1.3 footage with it.

However, I've put the Mod 7 footage up in it's place as at least it shows what the camera is capable of. The night footage is good, the daylight less so but it wasn't a fair comparison in the day - sunny vs dull and drizzly.

I've put a comparison of Viofo 1.2 vs Mod 7 in this thread here:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...l-firmware-vs-bc-mod-7-stable-firmware.35908/

I was going to update with vidoes of the official Viofo 1.3 firmware only, but unfortunately after several weeks of rebooting itself, my A119 Pro went to heaven and took the 1.3 footage with it.

However, I've put the Mod 7 footage up in it's place as at least it shows what the camera is capable of. The night footage is good, the daylight less so but it wasn't a fair comparison in the day - sunny vs dull and drizzly.
Thanks for the final comparison footage, looks great. Too bad about the self-destruct, my guess is, it occurred while in Parking Mode? This is another reason I never use it. Unbelievably I found a small section of data when altered just slightly causes continuous reboot, was shocking to witness and power had to be puled to stop and reflashed. What do you suspect happened to your A119Pro?

No it happened in normal use.

I'm unsure what happened. It had been randomly rebooting itself for weeks. Sometimes multiple times almost back to back, other periods with no reboots. I was just driving one night, it was fine. I came into the pc to transfer some footage, plugged it into the USB and it was dead. Tried various other USB, 5v PSU sources and no matter what I try it's as dead as a door nail - no lights, no bleeps no nothing. I took the cover off briefly without touching anything inside, suspecting it might be the caps, but couldn't see any obvious bulging or burns. So I simply do not know.

I have heard of other cameras dying after rebooting issues, so I rather suspect this might be an unlucky camera that suffers from a known fault. I did contact Viofo about it, but so far have heard nothing so I'm rather in the dark as to the cause and whether there's any cure.

Last edited:
No it happened it normal use.

I'm unsure what happened. It had been randomly rebooting itself for weeks. Sometimes multiple times almost back to back, other periods with no reboots. I was just driving one night, it was fine. I came into the pc to transfer some footage, plugged it into the USB and it was dead. Tried various other USB, 5v PSU sources and no matter what I try it's as dead as a door nail - no lights, no bleeps no nothing. I took the cover off briefly without touching anything inside, suspecting it might be the caps, but couldn't see any obvious bulging or burns. So I simply do not know.

I have heard of other cameras dying after rebooting issues, so I rather suspect this might be an unlucky camera that suffers from a known fault. I did contact Viofo about it, but so far have heard nothing so I'm rather in the dark as to the cause and whether there's any cure.
I've had random restarts on the old version1 FAILed GPS mount 4-gold pins which always corrupted clips, usually occurred on bumpy roads. If it was conductivity issue with either mount contacts or memory card contacts, it should be recoverable unless it over-heated. Since its A119 which prior to version2 regularly needed LOADER flashed, I suggest the same to revive A119Pro.
Remember LOADER update shows nothing happening Copy LDBA119.bin to card, insert, power on, wait 1min (only needs 20secs but wait longer), disconnect power, delete LOADER from card, copy official FW, insert while DVR off, power on 1min and magic happens. good luck

Last edited:
There's no GPS unit attached. I will try the loader though when I've time to search the forum for more information as you're the 2nd person to suggest this.

BCHobbyist is right, reload the loader, then the firmware. you might want to do it more then once until it works and maybe wait longer than 1min.

Thanks. I've just tried the bootloader twice followed by the 1.31 official firmware. Dead as a mouse. Not a light, bleep or anything. Looks as if it's totally finished.

Back