Pittasoft Blackvue DR500GW-HD

nunz said:
In the United States, Scansys CCTV, Inc., Inc is listed as a premium distributor. But, do they sell DR500GW-HD directly to individual consumers? I would like some feedbacks on Scansys CCTV, Inc. with purchase and support experiences. Please let me know!

:cool:
I have direct experience with Scansys. Their customer service is excellent. Their retail arm is www.hdvideodepot.com. They also have a brick & mortor you can walk in to. You can purchase cameras from them on Amazon. I ordered one item on Amazon and another on their website. HdVideo Depot was much faster. They answer the phone and reply to emails quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is another video...this will show that when slowing or at a complete stop the quality is good, but when driving, its really poor. What's with the light/dark flickering????...I cannot really do anything about the trees where I live. ;)

A camera that is allergic to trees...AWESOME! :lol: :lol:

Video Footage
He's my video which is even worse
I returned it in April too.

Blackvue said this was normal but it doesn't seem right to me. I'm now on the look again but after seeing a video from the new finevu pro the 15fps looks jumpy.
The Blackvue hd looks good with the added track day function but it's more expensive than the Blackvue.

Any ideas if this was a faulty unit or if this is normal?

Too much sky may be the trouble turn it so that it looks down at the road more Don't worry about a bit much bonnet and dash.

Mine isn't quite as bad as that but it does do it more if its lined up like yours.

Too much sky may be the trouble turn it so that it looks down at the road more Don't worry about a bit much bonnet and dash.

Mine isn't quite as bad as that but it does do it more if its lined up like yours.
Thanks, havnt got another yet.

Do you know if its the same for all cameras or just the 500?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

All my 400 did the same its just that they cant alter to the amount of light fast enough You aren't making blockbuster movies so don't worry about it Its a dashcam in case of accidents

new model BlackVue DR530W-2CH
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/blackvue-dr530w-2ch.2754/

f8912232cbc6.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexsoll, thank you for the link, I will say with my experience with my DR500, if it wasn't for the likes of Mio and his software updates I'd have got rid of my DR500 ages ago, as Blackvue had clips showing how good the camera recorded only problem was none (most) of the ones they sold was the quality as good, as they didn't show what the camera did as standard but showed a supped up clip, seeing the clips from the link you gave, I am totally unimpressed with image capture if they are showing the true camera's capabilities then there are cheaper ones out there that will match the quality at a lot less money, sadly I've been bitten once by Blackvue, I'll be a lot less keen on their cameras in future and for sure won't be the first to jump in to get one, all my opinion so YMMV

That looks a lot like a low bitrate issue. The Sony HDR-AS15 (action cam) also has this issue in forests and sunny days. Others have mentioned that for the Sony the lack of B frames in the video made the issue worse.

Edit: maybe you should try 17Mbits

Last edited:
i just installed this model in my car and today it was parked outside in 26c degrees on a sunny day and the unit got very hot and failed to start.

i dont get this issue with the livue 100

26 aint hot its about 47 in my Passat which has been sitting in the sun for past 5 hours and camera started and ran ok
So did the 400 in the POLO

is 32.6 in my computer room with the fan going at 4pm in Brissy

What is the temp before this unit fails to turn on?

What is the temp before this unit fails to turn on?

No idea but my 400 worked ok in the car with temps outside 0f 112F And started up ok after being parked for a fair while.

Back