Honda Sensing Dashcam Placement Issue

Adam

Reaction score
Country
United States
My honda sensing started throwing multiple faults recently, which my honda dealer says is related to distance from my mounted Street Guardian SG9663DC dash cam (about 3 inches).
Its been fine for almost a year, but started acting up randomly recently
Anyone else have issues related to honda sensing placement?

Its the upper windshield mounted camera safety system that links to collision avoidance braking and some other stuff
Appearance wise, its a black box in the center top windshield integrated with a camera and the rear view window stem
See https://automobiles.honda.com/sensing
My dashcam is mounted on the windshield black dots to left of the unit, with the three cables (power, rear, gps) coming out and routing behind and around behind the sensing unit to get to passenger A pillar

My honda sensing started throwing multiple faults recently, which my honda dealer says is related to distance from my mounted Street Guardian SG9663DC dash cam (about 3 inches).
Sounds like bull crap to me. The camera does not interfere with the camera mounted on the windshield for the sensing to work. I have a 2018 camry XSE and have my Blackvue DR590 mounted under the Toyota safety sense camera. No issues. It's still able to see the lanes to make sure I'm not swerving out of pocket. Their just guess and wanting to blame anything the vehicle didn't come with. Take the camera down and take it back to the dealer and tell them it's doing the same thing and see what they say. Probably didn't even attempt to trouble shoot

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Aside from what your dealer is telling you, have you tried temporarily disabling the camera to see if the problem goes away? Perhaps there's some other explanation like a failing sensing unit?

I pulled the power on the SG9663DC with no luck, so I'll see what what happens after dealer reset and see what they write up later today

Just adding that we have a 2016 Civic Touring with Honda sensing. Have a Viofo mounted in the same spot you do. Also have a 2016 Toyota with the Toyota equivlanet, and had a dashcam mounted directly on the plastic trim.

No issues on either one, sounds like bull.

I pulled the power on the SG9663DC with no luck, so I'll see what what happens after dealer reset and see what they write up later today

if power is disconnected there is nothing there to influence the performance of the sensing system, if you've disconnected it and still have issues (something the dealer should have tried) then the problem is elsewhere, if it was going to affect it then that should have happened from day one

Yeah i think Adam are being taken for a spin by his dealer ( nothing new with this )
Just trigger the error, remove dashcam, drive to dealer and say fix it.

Sadly some times people need a little coaxing to do the right thing, this are also the norm nowadays.

This last thing is my firm belief that it is something that have filtered down from the people we vote on, cuz they sure as hell are not going to do anything unless there is a fire or a few votes in it.
So i am not voting again before there is a party that say they will do things that provoke me a lot as it will probably lessen my way of life, which is okay as Denmark cant afford it, or at least people pretending to be me.
At least i did work for 30 something years, so i have at least given it my best, maybe that should be acknowledged maybe not, either way things are not working as good as they should now, and no reason to keep driving in a car only firering on 6 cylinders out of the 8.

It beat walking, but its still pretty massive stupid.

Last edited:
Thanks to all. To close this out, after two days, honda dealer eventually decided it was related to a faulty radar sensor in bumper which had nothing to do with camera on windshield.

I've been experiencing an issue with my 2024 Honda Accord. Whenever I plug in my dashcam, I receive error messages from the car's sensors. If I unplug the dashcam and restart the vehicle, everything returns to normal. I've tried plugging and unplugging the dashcam several times over the last few weeks, and the issue persists. With the camera unplugged, the car has no warning messages.

Back