Mobius Maxi F1.5 2.7k

You've told me this before, however I would much rather have an all metal one with lens lock screw built in with enough treading to ensure keeping it tight. The problem with plastic is it is relatively to thin to drill and tap a hole in it that has any holding reliability whatsoever. There are ways to do it, like permanently gluing a thicker piece of plastic (whatever) to the barrel without any chance of it interfering with the female section of the mount and drilling/tapping a whole through both, but that is a PITA when it has to be done.

The simplest thing would be for Mobius executives to list the metal lens mount (alone) for sale, so those that wish to do it could, without going to a lot of trouble. Perhaps Tony could relay this message to those executives, they would have everything to gain and nothing to loose.

Lola said. Something is messed up with the posting process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry but I have to disagree, lens B is better in all instances, the only really bad thing I see is in Driving 1 something seemed to go wrong in both A& B with B still being better then A. The girl standing on the left was very dark and grainy in A, In B she was somewhat lighter color in her jeans but it was not as grainy but the frame still seemed out of place overall, almost like the cameras/something moved.

All in all though, the B lens is putting the Alens to shame as it should with it being f1.5. I hate to say it but I don't think either lens is that good really, shooting at night I expected to see a larger difference with the B lens because of it's f value. I think it will really get interesting when one of the varifocal lenses or the 4mm star burst lens that everyone seemed to like is put on the Maxi, that will put some arguments to rest I think!
However currently TonyM has the job of reviewing the Maxi as people will purchase it and he is really doing a great job of it. Just my opinions.

After posting the above, I'm seeing if another short post might jump things back into perspective, the same thing I wrote, is posted at the begining of the whole post!

Last edited:
I'm sure it will be corrected. It's either a software colour adjustment issue or a lens coating issue. Neither are insurmountable.

I'm sure it will be corrected. It's either a software colour adjustment issue or a lens coating issue. Neither are insurmountable.

It's merely a question of adjusting the RGB values in the firmware. As for any color characteristics unique to each lens there may be a need for individual A-B-C-D lens settings to adjust the color balance of each lens the same way it is done for the Mobius 1.

Maxi Lens A vs Lens B - Sample Videos

Daytime

y4muIjMxL1TLrZGAQ6vEJz0J3NORLtRbHkBcNlnDXNT7ZJmczGtvyqYiFo6k4Lpv3ehOgAAG3tThMW04O39MccoTHni9QBr0oyxWdqO6hFuClZLXO9nxZoTp0D1EH6Or82ThIgHIEXJTeEVa2ENCialIJDWCEsupEBAHTzTQh8i8tOP3zIkzXQYDEYUK24g-z-6JtrXxlNiiCDMfPYuYGiZrA

y4m21MtBrFQ0a4Y4ppvLrvqQ0Ur-novvy2v0W1GD9awVrx5zb4YafYoVkkJ9fkN0fCzPnAbKKF2fwHi6G-8deAXVgm6gQt5iiLRa5j3DyQqGsdCqi7Ox2icMeV4HSA4lXsvlszBTccyWs6YBh20nd0l-Z0f-JBl0dLyZDM__PlM9YUARbMCjqAoJSHL-vBMsqIDsimH_de2dlOut-XyMzXJsg

Night

y4mluzuSdIsgnYjSTkbxu6YkQm341t6Nj8x13C3nIOccNN42zzvJu1207JM_h69C4Ov_V_LA8xqoP2ASB5T1wxgMauUu6aDOeeOpTdJ015EfnuuKJMsm-JaA7GUKdfMu4zgbuYKY1wMjl5cfMb5QfSVcBvYn-psc5aEH3VRGItoVnCzGmYoiswM9EKza-ADu0W7bNPy6qFABc8m4SuJeWBhrg

y4mKwC0mOyMfK8BoNrmtFFAOOYi-_-RNuu535XOD7DJzetrWqZZC4RCxNc9E-5HExktPyBcc4cwcov26VioIE1uln3O33RvFxla2ytoDYJ5aR4uEhoXxwwSFN0b4ekaQRA1_GVmKTcUrJEeODsqLbfjkyi-gmbe8HFu_BBWU1qnleidq5vWPf_33Xi9xztpV9_GLD5ok55pW1vQVuVhtrHsSA

Last edited:
Maxi Lens B vs Mobius 1 Lens C2 - Sample Videos

Daytime

y4mu9ayCsDNG2q7Z0bsgq6OxfdmPPtQ3ogeMLisDhjxiSevJr5ANXeQD4UVAsxD2IZEmRo2vGDwAiziUTWOeIF0mtbHtZrStoZ6Tlz93gvPjzSa-2PUtPjTqITedLYxhD8mpwqHHMtcGcCUTrO6Dj4__4wZ-CayqaiNTdEgOVyPBkXFKFx0FpvxGCelKe79C-dt5qg0RkXwjR0b42NO6tc0xg

y4mNGgpWzxD2mvaGBgMI6jJKT97vWodr5QWO7Ou8y3I8uXaxL8xQ1FyHe11KxOrLxwods0LTIGz9BYf7zeAyYS9Z7pIB1gqJ8-czJ0RPGzWWs55Ozwt4V-D6kwzJQ4rdzg25NQwhDdWodahYuQrfw1FpPu3UG2kAVdHbSePnFvSw6QV6VA33SWmwHoaV2OWKaXdjn_DmGwPn8kS9c8Nn9vY4A

Night

y4mNgb23-EcVxRt5LKR0EgdvKkgL8-vB4ZPm8S3ev1XaZ-3yjyaVl6qc0yf3dhOHiywWO8-1LhJZI4OKE6iVokM1vRQBFUn3NOjdLE9iTN_F5b3Y47leWa-kuPrJOrI7da6_cQGOoGo8oIlHJGzTPx52HdVGaGx9QifPRnTTmCduIPvEmT_ZE9JW7UNXtxcPefQ_xUjmI8JqUT9d2Mlilj9_Q

y4mhJI7l_9T6itvH8JCEMP0DRwsEmz2fc_3cL8acD0NqM-RYFud2z6xwzwv-l0Z8If8y7blMNqCbwY5doM_NqMq9U6gRvbf8LamfHCKBk7Ik-OrqhtUROgN6zwjjnNCTSRAzpJDky2bGgs2SyCa2jBhJDcw5znQ9KcCVK9q-yVRIQGG2NbWC37vIB6XLBP_YzPR3VV1xtx-sGV-WCnN4k-VSg

Last edited:
That maxi B lens look much better to me, not least in regard to FOV

I have the Mobius 1 using a Lens Extender cable for a stealth install as Dashcam.

My question is: Can the Mobius 1 Lens extender cable be used to pop out the Lens in the Maxi and extend it outside the Cam?

I have the Mobius 1 using a Lens Extender cable for a stealth install as Dashcam.

My question is: Can the Mobius 1 Lens extender cable be used to pop out the Lens in the Maxi and extend it outside the Cam?
No, the Mobius 1 extension cable is not compatible with the Maxi. But you can purchase 2", 4" or 6" extension cables for the Maxi.

Hi,

Any reviewer with FPV live output features, FPV video review will be great for Quad and Plane test

There are only a few of us in here that would be able to connect a transmitter to the AV out of the camera and check that, i would assume that on RCgroups some one have already tested that feature of the mobius.
And really it is the main aim for any mobius camera so it should work fine, the dashcam use are just another thing the mobius cameras can be used for too.

Hi,

Any reviewer with FPV live output features, FPV video review will be great for Quad and Plane test
There are only a few of us in here that would be able to connect a transmitter to the AV out of the camera and check that, i would assume that on RCgroups some one have already tested that feature of the mobius.
And really it is the main aim for any mobius camera so it should work fine, the dashcam use are just another thing the mobius cameras can be used for too.
@kamkar1 is right that the RCG Mobius Maxi Forum is the best place to look for FPV features on the Maxi. However there are no such reviews yet on that forum. There do not appear to be any testers who took the Maxi into the air.

I took a Maxi out for a short test flight at lunchtime (Line of Sight only) - I'll share the video shortly.

I am starting to assemble FPV kit, but I don't have it up and running yet.

I only do ground FPV ( car ) and to be honest most of my FPV gear ( googles ) are converted to DIY night vision goggles.
Also i use illegal high power 900 MHZ TX & RX

I could go and snap a camera on my friends phantom 1, but my Maxi dont arrive before tomorrow thanks kindly to peter and my M2 that decided to die for no apparent reason.

But i am awaiting TEC for my new internet as for 2 days now my upload go from 60 - 70 mbit to 0 - 3 mbit for a hour or two around 3 in the afternoon, the TEC will be here the day after tomorrow.

@TonyM your video would no doubt be even better is the camera was mounted better on the quad.

Would be the same if i strapped a camera to my friends phantom 1, his mount are geared for his gopro 3 and not so much other cameras.

we need a quad racer to test out the maxi, that should make the sensor and SOC work hard

Tonight I installed my f1.6 6-22mm varifocal lens on a Maxi. In return, I have installed the fast F1.5 Maxi lens onto a Mobius 1.

IMG_20180627_004719-01.jpeg

Following all these posts with great interest ...thanks

Back