Honda sensing issue

Adam

Reaction score
Country
United States
My honda sensing started throwing multiple faults recently, which my honda dealer says is due to interference from the SG9663DC which is mounted about 3 inches to left of windshield camera unit
Its been fine for almost a year, but started acting up randomly recently
Anyone else have issues related to honda sensing placement?
I like the dashcam but cant see anywhere else to mount it to avoid the camera other than far right passenger side which will be awkward

I would think that if there was a issue caused by the SG camera it should have been there from day #1

But you could try and disconnect it from the power ( unplug ) and see what happen then, though like most of us you will probably be freaked out by not having the dashcam running.
I have several cameras in my car, but i feel a little freaked if i know one of them are not recording due to me forgetting SD card or in some cameras case the whole camera.
And it dont matter if its on my windscreen where i have 3 cameras.

A few days ago i forgot the SD card for the DC, and i did not like my drive as all i could think was " well i will probably get rear ended again today"

What exact faults your car is experiencing?
What type of sensors are around the rearview mirror area?

I know there is a windshield mounted camera because it is visible, but I don't have any other sensors other than what is hidden in the case surrounding the camera. The other sensors I know of are mounted on the bumper
My exact faults are in every system related to Honda Sensing, so I get warnings for : Collision Mitigation System Problem, Road Departure Mitigation System Problem, Adaptive Cruise Control Problem

Disconnect your dashcam as @kamkar1 suggested and see if fault will go away, then we can move further with suggestions.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

I think its the dealer that have plenty to do and so just want to push Adam to the back as what he is suffering from are not that bad after all if you go by the kind of driving we have been doing the past 100 years ( good old manual / analog driving )

Maybe just remove the dashcam, go to the dealer and say now i have been driving for a week without my dashcam and it still do it, though you just removed it before you left from home.

Find a different Honda dealer. Seriously.

I highly doubt the faults are from your camera. I've owned several accords recently model year 13 and 15. dash cams right by the rear view.no problems. My current bucket list ride is a Model year 17 Jag F type with the sensing cameras built in to the rear view mirror area...again...zero problems.
CRS

Thanks to all. To close this out, after two days, honda dealer eventually decided it was related to a faulty radar sensor in bumper which had nothing to do with camera on windshield.

Always push for your rights and beliefs, just be sure you are fairly sure you are right as you otherwise will look pretty stupid.
BUT ! it is a gamble we must all take all the time, otherwise we get screwed over.

Currently i am "fighting" my new ( 1 week old ) ISP, my upload some times dispensary or drop significantly for no reason for a few minutes up to a few hours, but the rest of the time my connection are rock solid.

So i had TEC visit 1 time now, and he can not really find anything wrong with the cable and SN on it, so the fight to find the reason continue, though it is a little silly having to complain on something thats fine,,,,, most of the time anyway.
Still i feel i must do it as i am after all paying for and been promised 1000 / 60 mbit connection, and when one of those drop to between 3 and 0 that do make a significant dent in the surfing experience,,,,,,,, "like dude 2 footers"

Last edited:
Just wanted to say how radar for adaptive cruise front collision and departure is usually in front bumper.

Glad they finally fixed it and not blame it on camera.

Just wanted to say how radar for adaptive cruise front collision and departure is usually in front bumper.

That is true, however newer cars also have a front camera sensor on the windshield near the rear view mirror.

That is true, however newer cars also have a front camera sensor on the windshield near the rear view mirror.
Which cars have them for example?

I know there's sensors for high beams rain sensing and such but not a camera itself.. And what exactly does that camera do?

I know there's sensors for high beams rain sensing and such but not a camera itself.. And what exactly does that camera do?

Honda, like in the OP. Our 16 Civic has them as does our 16 Toyota RAV4

This shows the camera as part of the Honda sensing

http://owners.honda.com/utility/download?path=/static/pdfs/2018/Accord Sedan/2018_ACCORD_4D_LKAS.pdf

https://automobiles.honda.com/safety

Volvo, BMW, Mercedes, Vauxhall and a number of others all have various sensors and cameras mounted around that area. Some may be IR or black and white.
Vauxhall at one point had one to detect speed restriction signs at the roadside in order to display it on the dash (it often misread them too)

Back