312 often falls off windscreen

Given that the 380 mount isn't a solid rectangle I hope spare bespoke 380 3M pads are available to order.

When I took my 402 off, with DOD adhesive mount, I replaced it with a vhb 3M pad, but it's not as neat or as thin.

No coincidence, TV and DVD Surplus Ltd is a separate legal entity selling refurbished products with their own warranties

Yes - there is a spare in the box and then you can get others from us.

Since Tiffany supplied me with a 'stick on' mount for my wife's 312, I have recently got into the car and found the dashcam hanging by its power lead. The sticky pad has come unstuck from the holder leaving the pad stuck to the windscreen.
Are spare sticky pads available please?

I'm in the same boat. Fell off numerous times and now will not stop shaking when im driving. Does the sticky pad work better than the suction cup ? is there a way to get the suction cup solid like it used to be ?

So it seems the bottom line is that the sticky pad mount isn't strong enough for the weight of the camera, especially once the hot sun gets at the windscreen ?

My wife's sticky pad one has fallen off a couple of times when it's been in the sun for a period of time. Having said that, my answer above is still my opinion as the suction one fell off far more frequently.
It's far more stable as well.

Probably needs to be almost twice the size ?

My 380 sat solid in the bright sun for hours on end when parked. Although it was only supporting the mount as I never leave the camera in the car.

Since Tiffany supplied me with a 'stick on' mount for my wife's 312, I have recently got into the car and found the dashcam hanging by its power lead. The sticky pad has come unstuck from the holder leaving the pad stuck to the windscreen.
Are spare sticky pads available please?

That is surprising - private message me your address and I'll send the 3M pad to you to swap over.

My wife's Jazz has a 312 fitted, but the suction cup continually lets go and the cam is left hanging there. Whilst it is mounted correctly, the camera gets quite a lot of vibration, making the video nowhere near as good as it is when stationary.
I believe that the 412 comes with the suction mount and the self adhesive mount, and the latter not only holds the cam more securely, but is shorter, thus the camera vibrated less.
I have tried to source the adhesive mount that comes with the 412 but so far have had no joy.
Is this mount available from any source in the UK?
The adhesive mounts for satnavs are a bit big, but the one I have does the business.

After it had fallen off a few times and Tiffany sent me replacements, it hasn't fallen off since, and that is using the original sticky mount. So I still have the ones she sent me for possible future use.:)

If they wern't that size they would all fall off under the suns heat. I've always followed the general advice though:

Clean windscreen with alcohol rub
Allow to dry
Fix pad with firm pressure
Wait 24hrs out of direct sun for it to cure before hanging the cam

When I took off my 402 for the 412, then the 412 for the 380 I had to fight with both to get them unstuck.

That's good advice Krem, but when I had the problem, the sticky pad was staying stuck to the windscreen but the mount to sticky pad 'joint' parted. But even with the recent heat, it hasn't fallen off for a long time (tempting fate here)

Ah, pad to plastic joint.

I forgot to mention that my 402 and 412 mounts were stuck to the black dot area so maybe shielded it a bit.

So it seems the bottom line is that the sticky pad mount isn't strong enough for the weight of the camera, especially once the hot sun gets at the windscreen ?
Could use automotive d/s tape on the back of the foot. I am going to use that from the start when the foot I have ordered arrives.
Bit annoying it is not included with the 312.

Use the 3M stuff that comes with it. If that fails THEN try the auto tape. That is unless you know for sure that your tape is better.

It was recommended elsewhere, but yes, that is probably sensible

I know this is old hat but has anyone got any idea how to get a 312GW to stay on the windscreen as I have tried everything. My wife's car (Peugeot 2008) has two 312GWs one on the front with no issues and one on the rear windscreen which falls off continually - any thoughts? I have two in a 3008 but no problems at all!!

Back