Introduction of DIMIKA Action Camera (with raw video sample)

I would have gone with the mobius action cam just for the lens extension, if it wasn't for the heat issues that cam currently has.

I delayed buying my Möbius for quite a while, while researching the 'heat issues'.

I searched this site, RCGroups, YouTube, Techmoan, general Google searches, etc, etc.

What did I find? Very few cases! Based on the heat-related failures that I've discovered, more than 99.5% of Mobius sold have no such problems. In most instances, the battery has died, & a replacement battery has restored it to full health.

The mere fact that the Mobius contains a visible heat sink, which gets warm, seems to infer to some people that the Mobius has an inbuilt design defect. This is generating an urban myth, partly perpetuated by the 'heat issue' thread that exists on this site.

Eletoponline have sold nearly 6,000 Mobius. Add in the other sellers, & total sales is probably around 10,000. If a serious heat issue' existed, there would be hundreds of reports of heat-related failures. There aren't!

People with dashcam problems naturally gravitate to this site, which leads to a false impression of dashcam reliability, etc. The vast majority of owners are happily using their cameras, and are probably not even aware of the existence of this website.

So, buy the Mobius, and stop worrying. I see that you are in Belgium so, if you want the peace of mind of EC consumer protection, buy from an EC supplier, e.g. Webbex, JooVuu, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
I delayed buying my Möbius for quite a while, while researching the 'heat issues'.

I searched this site, RCGroups, YouTube, Techmoan, general Google searches, etc, etc.

What did I find? Very few cases! Based on the heat-related failures that I've discovered, more than 99.5% of Mobius sold have no such problems. In most instances, the battery has died, & a replacement battery has restored it to full health.

The mere fact that the Mobius contains a visible heat sink, which gets warm, seems to infer to some people that the Mobius has an inbuilt design defect. This is generating an urban myth, partly perpetuated by the 'heat issue' thread that exists on this site.

Eletoponline have sold nearly 6,000 Mobius. Add in the other sellers, & total sales is probably around 10,000. If a serious heat issue' existed, there would be hundreds of reports of heat-related failures. There aren't!

People with dashcam problems naturally gravitate to this site, which leads to a false impression of dashcam reliability, etc. The vast majority of owners are happily using their cameras, and are probably not even aware of the existence of this website.

So, buy the Mobius, and stop worrying. I see that you are in Belgium so, if you want the peace of mind of EC consumer protection, buy from an EC supplier, e.g. Webbex, JooVuu, etc.

Hi! It is a thread of DIMIKA. It seems you are off-topic! We only welcome the discussion of DIMIKA.

any chance of a lens extension cable coming available for the DIMIKA (SEO is important, i know ;))

seriously, i think a cam with the option of a lens extension and if possible also a (optional) nice, small, matt black housing for just the lens will be very popular in the western countries.

Currently, we do not have plans for the option of a lens extension and once we decide to do it we will let you know immediately.Please constantly focus on DIMIKA. :)

Hello , everyone! Christmas is coming soon. Any plans for Christmas holiday? I think some outdoor sports in winter like skating, skiing ,climbing may be good choice. Furthermore, you can also record your wonderful experience with DIMIKA 1080 HD while doing these cool sports. It can help you keep the unforgettable memories forever. I hope DIMIKA could be your good companion at this Christmas.

These days we have prepared the raw video of DIMIKA. Below is the screenshot from the raw video. Compared with other mini HD cameras, the color is more true and the image quality is also much more brilliant. Anyone who wants to know more video information of DIMIKA 1080 HD, please refer to our blog:http://dimikacamera.com/blog/.

DIMIKA3-300x168.png
OTHER3-300x168.png

I still have to say, I will keep my comment until I watch the raw video.

BTW, the price level of "the other mini HD camera" is the same?

Back