SJ5000 image tearing issue

tRider

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hi !

I just got this camera and while testing it, I encountered this image tearing issue. Has anyone else experience this ?
What are your thoughts, is there something I can do about it or should I return it ?

Last edited:
that's pretty severe, never seen it that bad but sometimes that can happen if the memory card is too slow, I'd try a different card and see if you get any different results or not

I'd be surprised if the speed of the card is the issue. I'm using a Samsung Pro+ UHS-1 U3, Class10. I use this card in my Sony FDR-x1000v that records higher quality video without any issues. I will try another card though, maybe this one is not entirely compatible with the camera. I'll be back with updates but I do have a feeling that I'm gonna have to return it. Thank you !

Ok, I found out what the issue was and I thought of posting the "solution" if anyone else encounters it. The camera was previously set up to record in 720p. This issue happens if you power on the camera on 720p, change it to 1080p and start recording. For the user, the info on the screen says that the camera now records in 1080p but it doesn't. It's somewhere in between and even though the resolution of the clip will be 1920x1080, the quality will be lower. To make sure you don't mess up an important recording, you should restart the camera. If the camera is left on 1080p when turned off, then this issue does not occur. Basically, to be sure you don't have any issues, restart the camera when changing resolutions.

this has been introduced with 1.5.4s firmware.
Rolling back solved the issue.

Back