4ch custom stealth setup

It works, and really with all the shi,,,,, stuff my friend have it was his only option, or houses 100 - 160 KM further to the north west, where you can get even more for your money.

Nobody here want to live "out there" and only the size of the country mean less areas are in danger of depopulation, everybody are moving to a big town and only 10% or so move back to where they came from once education ASO are over with.

Should use mobile phone size sensors and lenses for the side views, no need for the side cameras to be able to read a number plate at midnight, more important to cover the full length of the car and down to the ground, preferably mounted at the front of the drivers door so that it sees the same as the driver when pulling out of a junction, and without mounting it on the glass because some cars don't have any fixed glass in the doors. The front and rear cams can do the plates.

Could you please give provide me with some more info (I'm new to this!) And in desperate need of front back and both sides being covered as someone keeps keying my car! Do you have names of any products I could research please? Thanks in advance

Could you please give provide me with some more info (I'm new to this!) And in desperate need of front back and both sides being covered as someone keeps keying my car! Do you have names of any products I could research please? Thanks in advance
You want something to watch the outside paintwork, yet if you sit inside the car you can't see the outside paintwork, except for the bonnet in some cars. Any camera will have the same problem.

If you want evidence of someone keying your car then it is much better to have a camera watching the car from outside.
You can also use a camera with microphone inside the car since the sound of someone keying the car may be caught.
It is also possible to use cameras watching the side view mirrors, since you can see a fair amount of side paintwork in the side mirrors.

Forget about using a clever camera that can detect when someone is keying your car and only record the 30 seconds necessary and inform you over the internet 5 minutes before it is going to happen. There are no sensors that can tell the difference between someone walking past and someone walking past with a key. If you really want to catch it, just record everything and check your car for new damage daily, then there will be some searching to do for the evidence, if the evidence is clear then you will find it, if it wasn't clear then it wasn't worth finding because it won't be good enough evidence for the police to act on. If you are recording everything then a very basic cheap camera will do, as long as it can recognise a person in the lighting conditions available. Better to have 4 basic cameras that give full 360 degree coverage and 24/7 recording than 1 really expensive camera that only has 100 degree coverage and doesn't actually record the event because the keying didn't move the car sufficiently for its g-sensor to trigger.

Thank you.

I have been looking at cheaper cams today and have found a few I'm interested in testing. Do you by any chance have any insight as to how 4 separate cams would be wired together and into the car?

Or

With the outside cameras, I've seen a lot of panorama style 4 chanel dash cams however none say they have any indication of motion detection meaning I could be sifting through 10 hours of footage

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. And thank you again :)

You can do fine with cheaper more basic cams for the sides, as anything you need to catch will be close enough to give good detail (or for driving will be enough to show what another car did before a crash). The B1W might be ideal for many cars on the sides if you can mount it where it will work well there. G1W/x cams work good in my workvan since one has to mount above a heavily used side door. Just be sure your choice of cam will support a big enough card to cover the timeframe you will need- nothing bites harder than discovering that the clip you need was just overwritten :devilish: Low-bitrate recording does good here but mine just run continuously.

If you've got one good cam which reliably activates with motion detect, and it's pointed where the vandal will likely activate it, then all you need to do is look at the files from that time period on all the other cams- minutes not hours of looking :) Personally I do not trust any cam's detection scheme well enough; I've seen reports of every cam failing at least a few times when used that way. Better to know for sure you've captured video than to hope and find out you don't have it :cry:

More than having the cams will be powering them; 4 channels of video (or more) will run the average car battery dead quickly, and regardless will be a strain of it's service life if done on a regular basis. I have my cams arranged using methods where I can switch some or all of them on as needed but I've yet to upgrade my powering scheme so full coverage is limited by me van battery to maybe 1 1/2 hours. But I've always got a dual-channel cam going 24/7 so the side cams are off save for when I'm shopping, which is where problems are most likely to happen for me ;)

With there being so many cams and form-factors (including dual remote) there is bound to be something which works for everyone.

Phil

Back