Kinda Aggravated with A119S

mrjamoc

Reaction score
Country
United States
I own a Viofo A119S. I have had it not quite a year and am having issues with it again. Back in november I had an issue where the camera would power up and have squares in the corner with X's in the center. It would not record or anything. I had issues upgrading last time and it has been working fine up until 2 weeks ago. It is doing the same thing as before where the boxes are in the bottom corner and it wont record. I feel like its something maybe i am doing wrong. I cannot get the firmware to update the camera at all. I have looked on youtube etc and I just cannot get it to work. I hope someone can help me get this resolved as I use this camera daily in my work truck and it is vital to my daily commute.
Thanks in advance

pretty straightforward, download the firmware, right click and extract/unzip the file, (don't double click it to open), copy that file to an empty memory card and put it in the camera, power it on in the vehicle (don't do it via PC) and the camera will do the rest

The new firmware are called something - something..bin
The unzip file might also contain a few text docs with info and how to.

something is messed up, It says card needs formatted when I put it in the camera. I formatted it correctly I dont know what the issue is. guess I will try again tomorrow. For some reason its a pain in the but.

Always reformat sd card when in the camera .

The XXXXX-box problem was fixed in A119S firmware version 2.2 (current version is 2.4), however the freeze-up problem with hash on the left 1/3 of the screen is still being reported infrequently and some think this problem may be related to the cable between the rotating lens and the camera body. Updating the firmware usually solves this problem. If you are unable to update the firmware per suggestions above, you may be able to access the menu if you power up the camera without a microSD card installed. If you gain access to the menu, manually default your settings using the "Default Setting" menu selection, then power down the camera and install a microSD card. Power up and if the buttons are working, format your card in the camera (ultimately the card must be formatted FAT32). Then try loading the latest version of firmware and manually default your settings afterwards.

What memory card are you using? I’ve had some customers have issues similar this (updating issue) while using a Lexar card.

To me it points to a card issue too

I have had problems with my sd card but my dashcam hasn't given any problems even in a parking lot above 30°Cfor more than half a day.
As I have said the sd cards seem to pack up a lot faster than the camera.

What memory card are you using? I’ve had some customers have issues similar this (updating issue) while using a Lexar card.
Was trying to fix this again and noticed your post. It is in fact a lexar card. Should I try a different one?

If the above info doesn’t help, then I would try another card. Also, if you have a V1 model with GPS, be sure to power the camera directly, not through the GPS mount.

What card would you all recommend? Someone actually recommended the Lexar card to me lol. Maybe thats the issue

What card would you all recommend? Someone actually recommended the Lexar card to me lol. Maybe thats the issue
Lexar used to be a good choice, but their recent cards have been troublesome in dash cameras. Samsung EVO Select (the EVO Plus card as well) and SanDisk Ultra A1 (must say A1 on the card) are good choices, as are Transcend cards (they are just a little pricey).

Lexar used to be a good choice, but their recent cards have been troublesome in dash cameras. Samsung EVO Select (the EVO Plus card as well) and SanDisk Ultra A1 (must say A1 on the card) are good choices, as are Transcend cards (they are just a little pricey).[/QUOTE
Tried the samsung. No dice. Im doing something wrong with this update junk. It doesnt react like it does in the you tube videos.
I went and bought a Rexing V1 today and am not impressed. Its not near the clarity of the A119S.

The XXXXX’s issue was a firmware bug that was fixed awhile back. Update to the latest firmware. Samsung cards have been reliable, so not sure why your having an issue. Maybe it’s not formatted properly.
Can you specify how your doing the update and maybe we can pinpoint where your going wrong.

Also I recommend plugging it into the USB socket in wall charger to update the firmware and not the PC this is why you are seeing the format card error.

Was trying to fix this again and noticed your post. It is in fact a lexar card. Should I try a different one?
the problem with Lexar cards (I use them for about 2 years) at some point (usually after 5-6 recorded "bad" files) they go into a "write protected" mode and the only thing you can do about it - contact Lexar support and if you have your order proof they can replace it for you, takes up to 3 weeks to get a replacement.
the camera uses the card formatted as fat32 file system, if you're sure it is then try another card.

The XXXXX’s issue was a firmware bug that was fixed awhile back. Update to the latest firmware. Samsung cards have been reliable, so not sure why your having an issue. Maybe it’s not formatted properly.
Can you specify how your doing the update and maybe we can pinpoint where your going wrong.
Im not sure what the heck im doing. The file isnt downloading all the components and i dont know what it means when they say the root of the card

Back