Pics that make you smile

we supposedly have a do not call registry here, but the phone spammers are getting more and more aggressive lately. they've been forging the caller ID so that it starts with the same 6 digits (area code + local exchange) as your number, so that maybe you'll be more likely to answer... lately we've been getting 5-10 calls EVERY DAY from these spammers. so the do not call thing is obviously not working. then again, criminals never have had any respect for the law.

thankfully the phone app in newer android phones has an automatic spam filter to show a red screen for suspected/reported spam callers, and on top of that i run an app called YouMail which is even better as it doesn't even let the phone ring for spammers.

Interesting approach, but it looks like it introduces a lot more mechanical stresses that have to be accounted for - that opinion from someone who has absolutely no knowledge of mechanical engineering. :woot:

I was about to say the same thing. Some of those scenes - most noticeably where there is writing on the screen, you can see the mast shaking quite a bit. I think this idea is just a fad.

Despite how it looks in operation, it's quite possible that flexion mechanically engineered into the support column is intentional and incorporated into the design. It seems unlikely that engineers skilled enough to come up with this design would ignore something so obvious. Then again, I suppose it could just be a bunch of total dough-head engineers! :rolleyes:

we supposedly have a do not call registry here, but the phone spammers are getting more and more aggressive lately. they've been forging the caller ID so that it starts with the same 6 digits (area code + local exchange) as your number, so that maybe you'll be more likely to answer... lately we've been getting 5-10 calls EVERY DAY from these spammers. so the do not call thing is obviously not working. then again, criminals never have had any respect for the law.

thankfully the phone app in newer android phones has an automatic spam filter to show a red screen for suspected/reported spam callers, and on top of that i run an app called YouMail which is even better as it doesn't even let the phone ring for spammers.

Spammers and scammers don't exactly pay attention to the do-not call registry. Yeah, what you are describing is called "neighbor spoofing". I get between one and four such calls a day and in the small town rural area where I live it's especially frustrating because the names and numbers that show up on caller ID are actually names and businesses I'm familiar with. One time I got a call from a friend of mine, a well known local doctor. When I answered the call it was a scammer from south Asia trying to convince me I had malware on my computer he could fix for a fee if I gave him direct access to my machine. The latest scam is that people, including me are getting calls from the local hospital using the correct actual phone number but the calls are coming from overseas scammers.

Spammers and scammers don't exactly pay attention to the do-not call registry. Yeah, what you are describing is called "neighbor spoofing"...
Sometimes it's funny though - like the time I got a spam call from myself. :D Apparently their software isn't quite good enough to make sure they're not spoofing the caller ID of the number they're calling.

Last edited:
Imagine if such people diverted their talents to something that would benefit us all, but sadly people like that are of the parasite MO so we will only get grief from them.

If only things was that easy.

rpedg9ah.jpg

The sick *^#~ is luring in people needing a metric fix!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Always put a smile on my face when i run into my fans.

And the smile always go away when i see what youtube do to my videos.

Yeah i imagine she could have been squashed in there, i had one finger in a hydraulic press and lost 10 mm or so of that finger, i am sure i bridge press even more than a little piston on a machine.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back