Firmware 1.009, with wifi reconnect!

PhilSkill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blackvue 750S-2Ch Cellink-Neo6
Finally WiFi reconnect in parking mode and preferred WiFi selection.

Let's hope they fixed the odd crash leaving parking mode, and not introduced too many more bugs!

You'll have to keep us posted to see if it's improved your issues!

I will update just after everybody has tested it LOL
Probably new issues are coming up with this release :/

:ROFLMAO:
Not the worst plan.

Well this is in my camera now, so far so good, but early days...

Still haven't upgraded yet.

I think I'm actually still on 1.006 (no issues to report - ha!)
I see I've downloaded 1.007.
It almost feels like they skipped 8? :alien:

Glad it seems to be working for you, so far.

On my side I'm still in 1.005. Hope this version will be stable enough to get the compressed version of the video (much more easy when you search for a specific moment :))

Was running 1.009 for a week, no issues so far. And WiFi changes hotspots as advertised. Looks good.

Indeed. Seems like Blackvue got it right with this update. It's running flawlessly for me. The wifi priority modes work great too.

So safe to upgrade from 1.005?

If you're ok with using part of your sd card for low resolution files, then I'd say yes. That comes in handy if you're a regular user of the cloud features. There might still be an unforeseen issue, of course. I just haven't been able to find one in a week of relatively heavy use.

Do you get the lo-res files on the 750? Never felt a need for them and don't 'do' cloud.
Some Nextbase cams have the lo res files, and there is much discussion about them. I've not heard about lo-res on the 750 though.

Yes, the 750 does low resolution proxies now. I think they started that with 1.006 or 1.007. With the official app they're pretty useful, they make the whole experience much more responsive. I don't know if I'd take the time to upgrade if I weren't using the cloud features. I can't remember finding an option to turn the low resolution files off.

Thanks for that .
With the official app they're pretty useful, they make the whole experience much more responsive.
I have no problem with my phone/tablet app viewing the video.
I don't know if I'd take the time to upgrade if I weren't using the cloud features.
I am of the "If it ain't broke then don't fix it" school of thought, so 1.005 for me then.:)

Certainly no crashes or issues so far with this update! Good news after the last 2 updates.

had this firmware running for two weeks now with no issues :)
Cloud connection to my home WiFi is a lot more stable.

Same on my end in general - 1.009 has been pretty good and stable.

One thing i did notice was that it locks up when exposed (driving/parked) to the sun and inside temps go way up and cam gets pretty hot, requiring a restart.

Now although i dont recall seeing this issue on 1.005 or 1.006, that doesnt mean it hasnt happened and i was just unaware... do people get a lot of heat related lock ups with the 750?

Okay, I'm doing the install.
Here goes nothing.
:chicken:

@nasty618 Overall, I think the DR750S hasn't had many reports of overheating.
More the DR900S.
But any camera may experience this if it's that hot out, which for the last few weeks... I'm not surprised.

I'll report back if my DR750S experiences this.

1.009 was good and stable, with 1.010 update it's all messed up again.

Back