Anyone have experience with the VF300W?

aek88

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
TioTech GT300W, Seezus GT680W
Claims to be an unbranded GT300W.

A few members here have bought it and there are comparison threads about it as well on this forum. Appears to be a good buy for $72.

I just bought this camera from Foxoffer from the same link as above. It arrived the other day and unfortunately does not power up. Nothing comes on the screen and does not make a sound when trying to turn it on. The only indication of power is a little red LED on the top left corner of the back back of the camera. I've tried the typical things of testing with different USB cables, inside the car, on computer, etc. I've just emailed FoxOffer support a video of the issue as well as a description indicating the problems. The weird thing is that in the original shipping email from FoxOffer, they indicated the camera was tested before being sent to me. I'm sure they would have done so, so not sure why it was defective when it arrived. They did send me a firmware file to try to fix the issue, but the camera didn't read it as it doesn't even power properly. Anyways, i am currently about to ship it back to them, as they stated in an email to me they are willing to pay for shipping back to them if the shipping costs are under $20, which i think is fair. I bought a G1W camera from GeekBuying.com a few months ago, which was also defective, and was not reimbursed for my shipping costs when i sent the camera back to them. 2 cameras in a row that i purchased that arrived inoperable. Just bad luck. :(
Aside from my issues above, i did do some research on the VF300W and this looks like a pretty good camera for the price. Many videos online and perhaps on this forum to have a look at. I would recommend buying from FoxOffer as their email support was extremely fast, and they are fair on their return policy if you get a dead camera in the mail.
Best of luck.

Mo

Back