In Stock! INNOVV K2 DUAL Channel 1080P/1080P Motorcycle Cameras, WiFi, GPS, SONY Exmor Sensors, Waterproof, Alluminium DVR Housing

you know "1st impression" - "getting it mounted in" - " results after the 1st few days of use"
Hi mbkitmgr!
The kit looks good, some has a matte finish, some shiny - I would prefer all matte. Power connection will be simple after I get some terminals for the cables, and do a little soldering. Mounting the cameras is going to require extra hardware - still researching that. Going on a KTM Duke 690 (it was cleaned 3 months ago, don't know how it got dirty!)
Capture.JPG

what's it like, was thinking of getting one of these
It's ok, but coming from a 2005 KTM Supermoto thought I was getting a similar bike with more power (which it isn't, more of a normal road bike). I would go for a Yamaha MT-09 over a 690 Duke. And I would go for a 690 SMC over both.

Thanks for the reply Corbin. Nice ride too. they look like they'd be a s&^t load of fun to ride on a windy stretch of road
Thanks, yes its good fun on windy roads, balance of power and weight.

My last bike had the sir name Cycle.
While i do not have the license for motorcycles, i am pretty sure i could be a better biker than so many of those i see on the streets here.
And i really feel its stupid to have a separate license for motorcycle, the traffic codes are the same as for car, so its only the braking distances and handling of the actual bike thats different, and those you should be able to learn on a short course.

This is the only 2 wheeled motorized thing i ever owned, and though it was 50 CCM and 2 BHP / 30 km/h it still required a license as with my DOB i just fell in under the new moped law back in 1982

puch-pioneer.jpg

Last edited:
Bought a K2. Installed. Only problem is i placed the DVR union too close to my Garmin GPS.
With the K2 on and GPS locked, My Garmin could never locate any satellite.
The moment I turned of the K2, boom.... Garmin picked up satellites almost immediately.
Reason I mounted the DVR outside was the ability to take out the SD card.
Thinking of relocating the DVR to under the seat. Footage was reasonable and stable.
Solid built DVR and lenses. Rear cam footage here. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t-S0JUvKpVKct5Df5Xn06RpL5MCibKxcA699D781-B4BE-4FE4-AFA9-8F20203B03A4.jpeg5EF9F9F9-B64C-4C05-9616-2B4AD1FFA99E.jpeg870F0800-0762-46FB-91B3-4B3FF3D33BAC.jpeg

Last edited:
8. Looping is not a good thing, I found this out in court. From another person that went before me.

Jules

What is the issue with looping? As long as the time and date is ok, I don't see why they wouldn't accept the video as evidence.

What is the issue with looping? As long as the time and date is ok, I don't see why they wouldn't accept the video as evidence.

I suspect that is a misplaced, or misinterpreted comment, looping/recycling of video in a dashcam is not an issue from any legal standpoint

I compared the raw videos submitted here with my K1's recordings. Definitely looks better, especially the rear. No car tags visible in the K2 videos, but street signs are much clearer with the K2 than the K1..
However, considering that I have to strip all the lower fairings from my K1600 to remove the fuel tank to run the front camera wire under it, I won't be doing an upgrade until it becomes necessary to replace my K1 or if I have to remove the tank for another reason.

Last edited:
I compared the raw videos submitted here with my K1's recordings. Definitely looks better, especially the rear. No car tags visible in the K2 videos, but street signs are much clearer with the K2 than the K1..
I've just now compared video from the C5 to the K2.

It's subjective, but I feel like image quality is better on the K2 than it was on the C5.

Rear-cam image on the K2 seems about equal to the C5. That is to say, slightly worse than the front camera on the K2, but still quite good.

I see some comments about looping.

As an I.T. Contractor I also support CCTV systems for clients when the responsible contractor isnt available. I can state it would be very rare to find a CCTV system that does not loop its recordings. No system is large enough to store all footage from all inputs (Cameras). As an example at one site the client has 114 HD cameras running 24hrs/day and will fill the 8 trerrabyte storage device in 18 days. The footage is used for detection of theft, assault, arbitration and as a video record when an individual is injured. The footage extracted has been used in court without issue.

YouTube's compression is not doing those K2 vids any favors, even with YT locked to "1080HD". The K2 *.mp4's I downloaded from links earlier in this thread are much sharper; I can easily read most road signs.

That’s YouTube for you plus the PiP editing pre-YouTube upload too.

INNOVV K2 Dual Channel Motorcycle Camera (Installation & Testimonial Video)

Note, Plug & Play "deutsch connectors" should eventually be made available for various Harley Davidson motrocycles to make the power supply installation even easier in the future than hard wiring as shown.

Morning, Any idea when these will be shipping in the UK? Pre-orders on the 2 sites ive found say shipping in August but we're running out of days for that!

Cheers
Nat

Back