"Rear End" accident even the tow truck operators did not believe

Well more and more drivers, especially those who drive automatics, don't bother to select neutral and put the handbrake on. And that's a bad habit.

Well more and more drivers, especially those who drive automatics, don't bother to select neutral and put the handbrake on. And that's a bad habit.
With an automatic, you never use neutral. It's (P)ark and optional handbrake.

I honestly think that automatic cars should be required to display a warning sign, just like learner drivers have to.
(Though it would be mostly redundant in the USA.)

Part of the problem is there are so many "improved" variations of automatics that the drivers never seem to know exactly what will or won't be done on their behalf, and what they are required to do themselves.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I had an old truck jump out of park and engage reverse. Wouldn't have been an issue except it was running and I was behind it opening the gates :eek: A friend with another old truck knocked his brother's house trailer off the blocks after he parked it. It was in gear but the tired engine didn't have enough compression to hold it in place :LOL:

There's a reason they call it a "parking brake" and it's meant to be used ;)
Phil

The guy ran so fast after it that he created a speed force duplicate copy of himself.

Neutral ?

Dont you put an auto into park ?

Y - Some cars were legendary for jumping Park - Do they still do that ?
I thought that was like 30 years ago ?

All new vehicles manufactured after September 1, 2010 are required to have a break transmission shift interlock device or BTSI. This part prevents automobiles from shifting into gear, unless the driver’s foot is on the brake. Sometimes BTSI devices malfunction. There have been several broad vehicle recalls over the past few years to fix faulty BTSIs.

I would've thought it was a requirement well before then. My 1992 Subaru had it and all the cars I've owned since have had it. Maybe next year they'll make windshield wipers mandatory?

KuoH

All new vehicles manufactured after September 1, 2010 are required to have a break transmission shift interlock device or BTSI.

Back