Blackvue Network File Downloader (updated 07/06)

[ 0 ] - 008······· 192.168.2.28· Online
You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.
At C:\Test\YOGO'S-DOWNLOAD-SCRIPT.ps1:217 char:9
+ $PaddedIP = $Results[$Index].IP.PadRight(13, $MidDot)

I'm getting some error as you see above when I'm trying to run the script.
Any clue?

Regards

Roy

I'd have a look at the edits you made to the start of the file ... missing quotes, unintentional spaces, stuff like that...

can you post your edited file (the start at least) for me to have a look at?

Nope, it's my bad, the script I posted was the work in progress one... wasn't meant for release as it has issues (as you can see)... i'll change the file over

Last edited:
Thanks for answear.

Anyway to disable car 2-5? I get error msg if folders doesnt exists for car 2-5 even thought I've "disabled" them.

###########################################################################################################

# $script:DC_CAR2 = "CAR2-NAME" #ENTER A COMMON NAME FOR THE CAR WITH THIS DASHCAM HERE
# $script:DC_IP_2 = "10.0.0.42" #ENTER THE IP ADDRESS OF THE DASHCAM HERE
# $script:IP_2_Path = "CAR2-FOLDER" #ENTER THE FOLDER NAME WHER THE VIDEO FILES WILL BE STORED

###########################################################################################################

Got it working with creating those folder the scrips was asking for.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Regards,

Roy

Anyway to disable car 2-5? I get error msg if folders doesnt exists for car 2-5 even thought I've "disabled" them.

if you put a zero between the quotes for IP (no spaces either side) it should disable the entries

If you've already done this let me know

Hi, I have this script working on a DR900S-1CH. It is pulling the files in except I am getting the error shown below. I think it is looking for the rear camera files that I don't have. (Just single channel cam due to having a convertible).

How do I stop it looking for the rear cam, is it just a case of deleting that block from the script, Lines 652 - 661?

Exception calling "DownloadFile" with "2" argument(s): "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."
At C:\Users\Cliff.CLIFF-HORNER\Desktop\YOGO'S-DOWNLOAD-SCRIPT.ps1:654 char:1
+ (New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile($urlR, $DEST)
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: :)) [], MethodInvocationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebException

Hi, I have this script working on a DR900S-1CH. It is pulling the files in except I am getting the error shown below. I think it is looking for the rear camera files that I don't have. (Just single channel cam due to having a convertible).

How do I stop it looking for the rear cam, is it just a case of deleting that block from the script, Lines 652 - 661?

Exception calling "DownloadFile" with "2" argument(s): "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."
At C:\Users\Cliff.CLIFF-HORNER\Desktop\YOGO'S-DOWNLOAD-SCRIPT.ps1:654 char:1
+ (New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile($urlR, $DEST)
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: :)) [], MethodInvocationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebException

Heya, currently on holiday overseas and won't be beck to civilization until late September.. I won't be able to look at the script until then, but there might be a few lines to alter.. I know one will be with the "R" modifier, but unsure if this will affect the number of files it's expecting to receive, so you may need the play around with the arithmetic section too from memory..

Sorry I can't help more from here!

Good afternoon folks. I was able to get the script to work perfect however I'm now having an issue with it not finding any recordings. It now appears to hang up a bit while it's retrieving a file list, then it shows 0 with 0 new recordings. I've reformatted the SD card, I've also removed any files on my C drive in hope to add new recordings. Any of this making sense? Any ideas on how to have the script pull down new recordings?

Good afternoon folks. I was able to get the script to work perfect however I'm now having an issue with it not finding any recordings. [...] Any ideas on how to have the script pull down new recordings?

Hey Darmie, what cam is it? what firmware version? front and back? I need some more info...

hey toon, I'm still working on it btw... I'm having to rewrite large portions to accommodate both single and F/R setups...

also, is anyone else having these issues? has BV changed anything in the firmware and screwed the script?

900s-2CH latest firmware (1.06) and no issues here.

Running a slightly modified version of the script though (silent with no interaction with dedicated log file).

Does anyone else have a 750S2CH with that firmware that they can test on?

Hey, I’ve have just got a 900S dual channel and looking at getting this so I can download recordings once home.

A couple of questions it have:-

1. Does the blackvue camera allow more than one Wi-Fi hotpot? I have mine setup to a personal hotspot in the car via 4G when out and about.. I turn it off once home, would the camera then look for the home Wi-Fi?

2. Does this count towards your blackvue cloud download allowance? Like the free account I think is 100 and first paid tier is 600? If it does I’d use them up pretty quickly? Or if it’s on the same network it doesn’t matter?

Many thanks and looking forward to trying this out

Hey, I’ve have just got a 900S dual channel and looking at getting this so I can download recordings once home.

A couple of questions it have:-

1. Does the blackvue camera allow more than one Wi-Fi hotpot? I have mine setup to a personal hotspot in the car via 4G when out and about.. I turn it off once home, would the camera then look for the home Wi-Fi?

2. Does this count towards your blackvue cloud download allowance? Like the free account I think is 100 and first paid tier is 600? If it does I’d use them up pretty quickly? Or if it’s on the same network it doesn’t matter?

Many thanks and looking forward to trying this out

Hi Simon,

1) mine is the 650S-2CH and allows up to 3 (if i remember correctly), and they are in order of preference, so i use my home wifi first, then the car hotspot, then my phone hotspot

2) no, as it is not connecting through the blackvue servers (or the internet at all for that matter), it does no affect your quota

good luck, and look forward to any feedback

G

Hi Simon,

1) mine is the 650S-2CH and allows up to 3 (if i remember correctly), and they are in order of preference, so i use my home wifi first, then the car hotspot, then my phone hotspot

2) no, as it is not connecting through the blackvue servers (or the internet at all for that matter), it does no affect your quota

good luck, and look forward to any feedback

G

Hi George,

Thank you for your reply. I shall give this a go once I have a more stable network connection in my garage

Is it only windows machines this works with?

Many Thanks

Simon

Hi George,

Thank you for your reply. I shall give this a go once I have a more stable network connection in my garage

Is it only windows machines this works with?

Many Thanks

Simon

Hey Simon,

yeah, the wifi strength from the cams isn't great (at least mine isn't), so the AP will need to be relatively close to the cam. stability is really important, as you don't want the wifi dropping out during the transfer. The transfer is quite slow (i don't really know why).

The script is written in powershell which is native to windows, but I have found ports for powershell for other operating systems (see my initial post). I don't guarantee that it will work with those, but give it a go and let us know how it turns out.

G

Hi All,

unfortunately I'm abandoning this project in terms of development. I just don't have the time. so, this project will remain as is, but feel free to mod it, or continue it if you want.

sorry.

900s-2CH latest firmware (1.06) and no issues here.

Running a slightly modified version of the script though (silent with no interaction with dedicated log file).
Can you share how you got this to work silently?

Can you share how you got this to work silently?

Apologies for the late reply (didn't get a notification), but I've moved everything to Github along with some related scripts for TeslaCam: http://bit.ly/2WkhfAO

Few additional tweaks (more detail on the Git page):
  • Moved variables to VarLibrary.ps1 (This also holds variables for some TeslaCam specific scripts wrapper and Pushover notifications for errors)
    • Multi-Cam support should still work, but I only have a single camera and have never tested
    • Script defaults to All camera files, but could make a variable easy enough
  • Logging uses CMTrace formatting via CMTraceLogger.ps1, but will also output via console and errors via PushOver
  • Created/Modify dates are based on the filename rather than the date they were copied
  • Cleaned a few things up, but not much
  • .xml file can be used for each .ps1 script to create scheduled tasks--just need to update file paths and runas account
  • Dependencies all link to sources in the main readme (ie back to this thread or otherwise)
  • RecordingCleanup.ps1 cleans up old files dashcam files from BlackVue / TeslaCam, can be configured for x retention days
I tend to push releases when there's been enough updates to warrant, but otherwise the latest clone will work.

Last edited:
Back