Whats the difference with SGGCX2?

Nixion

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I can see only the ability to add a second cam. I am not sure what model would be compatible though...

Is that essentially the same as SG9663DC only without the second camera in the box (and using the same housing as SGGCX2)?

Is that essentially the same as SG9663DC only without the second camera in the box (and using the same housing as SGGCX2)?
Pretty much, no wifi but the spec is otherwise the same as the DC, IMX291, 96663 chipset etc

Wasn't the X2 with the IMX323 initially?

Front and rear? Don't see it mentioned on the product page.

I like how cables connect, looks a lot neater. Do the buttons light up?

rear camera is an option, buttons don't light up, chassis is the same as the X2 except the AV out port is changed to CAM in port

Asked as the depression on the buttons makes it look like there's probably a LED underneath.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
I assume yes but just got to ask, are the DC cable ( to rear camera ) compatible with the GCX2 PRO ?
I assume it is, cant see any reason to do something new.

I assume yes but just got to ask, are the DC cable ( to rear camera ) compatible with the GCX2 PRO ?
I assume it is, cant see any reason to do something new.

X2-Pro you connect the cable at the top of the front main camera so needs to be a straight plug.

That means the 6 meter DC cable is good since one side is straight. The 3.5 meter DC cable is 90/90 though.

Aaa yeah thats right :sneaky: i was looking at the pics last night and noticed the top location and the missing AV port ( so no more GPS mouse in wrong plug )
Well lucky the wire work in my car are pretty strait forward cuz i used the short wire with the DC install, but no biggie can tear that out and have a new one in, in 30 minutes flat.

I’d really like to know a couple things that I’m not sure about.

Is it still 30fps? Or 60fps like the DC with no rear cam?

How does hooking up a rear cam work? Which cams can be used with it, in other words? Another X2PRO? Or an as yet unreleased second cam, or should I say the DC rear cam that doesn’t appear to be available as a separate purchase? Do other cams have their own power supply and microSD card? Not sure what we’re looking at, here.

60 FPS is a option if its just the front camera, if you add the rear camera they both can only do 30 FPS.

The rear camera will be looking the same as the DC rear camera, so a much smaller camera unit, the only difference between the 2 is the kind of USB plug thats needed at the camera to make a neat install.
The DC have its plugs on the R side of the front camera and so benefit from a angled USB plug, the GCX2 pro have its plugs on the top so it need a strait USB plug.

I don’t see the X2PRO on the main or USA websites at all, nor the DC rear camera available for purchase. Might be interesting as I wait for the DR. I’d like to have a 60fps camera for now that I can transfer to the fiancée’s car later.

It’s not officially for sale yet. (Next week or so) I have a few pieces here that just arrived. Email or private message me if you want to make arrangements for any early sale.

The price for the rear camera will be interesting to see indeed.
But otherwise yes the GCX2 PRO are sort of the DC in a very small LEGO version, with the only missing pice being the rear camera, still nice though for the people that cant justify the price for a dual channel setup initially, so they can get a single camera with the option to expand to dual down the road.

If the fiancée is a keeper i would go for the GCX2PRO, this way you can get off cheap on her birthday present later on by getting her the rear camera. :)

The DR will be a much different beast than these, really looking forward to seeing that sucker.

The price for the rear camera will be interesting to see indeed.
But otherwise yes the GCX2 PRO are sort of the DC in a very small LEGO version, with the only missing pice being the rear camera, still nice though for the people that cant justify the price for a dual channel setup initially, so they can get a single camera with the option to expand to dual down the road.
the X2PRO plus rear cam is cheaper than the DC, as you say we get people that buy single channel and later want two channel so it suits those customers

Last edited:
Back