Viofo A129 Duo CPL Filter

you can't point your camera higher?!

I already did it. Up, down, whatever position have the same result. Therefore I quit searching for the best position and just wait the filter. Whenever it will be available...

Sent from my 1+ 5T using Tapatalk

You might want to look into getting a dash mat. I have the A129 and also had really bad reflection. I put some black sheets down and it took away almost all reflection. I bought a dash mat and still waiting for it to arrive, hopefully it will it will work as well as my black sheets did.

The problem with that is dash mats are so fugly. Makes you look like you're driving around in your grans camrry.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The problem with that is dash mats are so fugly. Makes you look like you're driving around in your grans camrry.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
True lol. But I drive an older car and don't really care how a dash mat looks.

I'm using an A119 CPL on my A129. There is a very small amount of vignetting, but that's much less annoying than having dashboard reflections. I could eliminate the vignetting by slightly enlarging the aperture in the plastic holder, but to me it's not worth my time.

If the reflections are really bothering you, just go out and buy a compatible CPL.

Not only that it bothers me. The problem is it's almost unusable in direct sunlight. Im sure that the slope of the windshield and the colour of the dashboard together lead to this result. I will buy the CPL filter but now I just start my vacation so, hopefully, the filming from the next 20 days will not be needed.

Sent from my 1+ 5T using Tapatalk

I'm using an A119 CPL on my A129. There is a very small amount of vignetting, but that's much less annoying than having dashboard reflections. I could eliminate the vignetting by slightly enlarging the aperture in the plastic holder, but to me it's not worth my time.

If the reflections are really bothering you, just go out and buy a compatible CPL.
I'm doing the same thing with no real issues..

I come up with another alternative to the Viofo CPL I used a 37mm adapter which fits snug around the lens and a Hoya pro Polarising filter to make sure I don't loose any quality in the footage and the small white arrow indicates it is lined up to the correct polarisation to the centre of the cameras housing.

PS: No Vignetting like the Original CPL :)
o4QaGSc.jpg

ThzzYC5.jpg

CC8Fa15.jpg

tp2UkYe.jpg

cSxsUkg.jpg
o4QaGSc.jpg

Last edited:
Is it not the same size! around the lens?

I know but you could make it fit?

Probably.. but those cost more than the regular CPL and might not fit once attached.. it's pretty big up front, so depending on the angle of your windshield you might get problems..

I think you could always make it fit same on my GITUP1 I just used some insulation tape around the neck of the lens as it was a very loose fitting on that camera but made it nice and tight.

PS: The Hoya pro filter and the adapter cost me less than a standard Viofo CPL and you could put any 37mm filter you wanted on the end and not just what is offered with Viofo.

Anything you put in front of the lens is going to degrade the picture quality so if you are like me you want the best CPL possible to try and not loose any picture quality.

Last edited:
I know most people typically mount it behind the mirror. Anyone mount theirs lower right above the dash say around where the green circle is roughly? I think that might end up helping me with glare from the dash.
01518684d80a6407edd4712b9152ca38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd see a lot of hood and not much road.

I ended up moving mine to experiment. Still can’t see the hood at all. Glare is a little better.

View when mounted behind mirror
4bb03146010147ed71b5f295521de98a.jpg

New location
9baae1030ce47177e033530860a6f120.jpg

View from new lower location
429bf9f455f8fe37d300427811862378.jpg

I ended up moving mine to experiment. Still can’t see the hood at all. Glare is a little better.

View when mounted behind mirror
4bb03146010147ed71b5f295521de98a.jpg

New location
9baae1030ce47177e033530860a6f120.jpg

View from new lower location
429bf9f455f8fe37d300427811862378.jpg

Would be a pointless location in the raptor or anything taller. Also - note many states and jurisdictions now have laws with regards to you placing any object in your field of view on your windscreen.

Back