Viewer App Crashing with Video from DRS-900

hitman84

Reaction score
Country
United States
FInally got my 900 installed and sent one of the vieos to my phone to check it out inside on my PC.
Sent the video from phone to my PC through Google Drive. When attempting to load the video with the viewer PC Program it crashed but the video plays fine with VLC media player and Dashcam viewer, a program I found a couple threads down. Anyone have any idea or have similar problem?

Last edited:
Try to get 1.16 of the Viewer app, and make sure you have the hardware acceleration setting turned off. 1.17 and later removed the option and presumably have hardware acceleration on all the time, and that's crashing for many users (including myself). BlackVue support is aware of the issue, and I've personally sent them logs, sample videos, and an offer to run a Debug version. But so far the bug remains unfixed.

My BV viewer crashes on rear cam footage from my 750 2CH on one of my computers, but is just fine on my laptop.
So it would appear that 'it happens'.

My BV viewer crashes on rear cam footage from my 750 2CH on one of my computers, but is just fine on my laptop.
So it would appear that 'it happens'.
so found 1.16, it plays on my desktop but stutters through the videos. BUT as mentioned here, on my laptop with lower specs(but not majorly) it plays fine.

If the (windows) app is crashing, try to switch to one-cam viewer only, so without PIP.
They are facing a problem with the video accelerator software in their app.
I am facing this problem on Windows 7 and Windows 10 machines. Disabling the PIP solves the crashes.

I downgraded to 1.13 and this fixed my rear view videos crashing the program.

I downgraded to 1.13 and this fixed my rear view videos crashing the program.

With version 1.15 and Video acceleration on disabled, it should work also.
Find the version (from official BlackVue support) here.

More info on official BlackVue forum.
Problem is still not solved in version 1.20.

Thanks for the info, but why would I bother when I have a working viewer. What does 1.15 bring to the party that 1.13 is missing?
If it ain't broke, then don't fix it.

Thanks for the info, but why would I bother when I have a working viewer. What does 1.15 bring to the party that 1.13 is missing?
If it ain't broke, then don't fix it.

I have the same problem with stutters on 1.15 and 1.20 is crashing.
Could you upload it somewhere so I can test the 1.13 version?

On a recent version, try turning off the PIP, so you're only viewing Front or Rear videos, but not both. Latest theory on the BV support discussion is that it's a combination of the hardware acceleration and the code that does the PIP. That solved the crashing for me with 1.20, but it may not be the cure for everybody.

On a recent version, try turning off the PIP, so you're only viewing Front or Rear videos, but not both. Latest theory on the BV support discussion is that it's a combination of the hardware acceleration and the code that does the PIP. That solved the crashing for me with 1.20, but it may not be the cure for everybody.

Can I turn off PIP without playing a video? Since as soon as I hit play, the program crashes.

Yes. Before you hit Play. It's in the mini-toolbar of buttons above the file list. Same place you can enable/disable the various file types. As you click the buttons, the list resets accordingly.

Thankyou very much, was using the latest version 2.01 with videos record from my DH650S and having the same problems as everyone else. The app crashed when opening any video front or rear.

This version works perfectly thank you! Registered just to say thanks =)

Back