Broadcast to YouTube Live

Leave the desicion about resolution and bandwidth to the user. I have a dataplan for 40gb per month on my phone. Also has a 4g modem with 10gb that I can fill up extra if needed.
Streaming is more about the connection's upload speed than the amount of data you can use monthly. You can have all those GB to use but you won't be able to stream properly if the upload speed is low, which will probably influence the definition: lower speed, less streamed data, lower resolution.

I don’t mind if 480p is the standard resolution, as long as I have the choise to set it higher.
Problem might be if the camera is to slow to process and stream a higher resolution/bandwidth. :/
You can be sure that will be the problem.

By the way, welcome to DCT, mate! ;)

Thanks.. And I have enough upload speed from my phone to do 1080p. ;)
The 4G network is pretty good over here.

I work with streaming as well and we have a few 4G modems as backup for when local networks are locked or hav problems. Most of the time we have a more stable connection via 4G. [emoji14]

Thanks.. And I have enough upload speed from my phone to do 1080p. ;)
The 4G network is pretty good over here.

I work with streaming as well and we have a few 4G modems as backup for when local networks are locked or hav problems. Most of the time we have a more stable connection via 4G. [emoji14]
Good to hear that. :)

I can't get this function to work. I get the 'Failed to start broadcasting' message. I've tried deleting the permission on my Google account several times with no success. Anyone else have any other fixes for this?

It might be that you havn't activated livestreaming under Studio/Channel on Youtube.
I don't know if this is a problem now...
Youtube has changed things just things year. if you need to verify your account before that is possible, then you need at least 1000subs and 40k hours viewed on your videos.

Edit:
The activation might only be needed to be able to embed the live stream. So as long as you have activated it it should work.
What kind of wifi-connection do you use on your camera?

Live stream is activated, that was the first thing I did in the process. Im using a cell phone as a hotspot for the connection when on the move. Live view works just fine...
It's connected to my home WiFi right now and I get the error message when trying to stream so connection doesn't matter.

Figured it out: For me, all I had to do was go to Youtube.com on my desktop (i was doing everything from my phone) and then go to the Creator Studio Bets and just open the live stream settings area. I changed nothing,,,, just opening it on the desktop browser triggered something and it worked after that. Strange.

Back