Parking Mode Beta Firmware

is it possible in this firemware to keep it recording in timelapse while in park, and when it detects an event, starts recoding normally? Right now i can only either record normally or in timelapse.

It was cool aswell if the cam would give us some warning when its pluged and there are new event recordings that we havent seen yet.
Another cool feature was to pinpoint the exact moment on the video that trigered the recording, insted of having to watch a 10 min clip in order to guess what might have done it

It was cool aswell if the cam would give us some warning when its pluged and there are new event recordings that we havent seen yet.
@viofo I think this is a good idea, perhaps a flashing LED to alert the driver that an Event recording was triggered during parking mode. A driver may not notice every new bump or scrape when they return to the car. I'm not sure how you could implement it though.

@viofo I think this is a good idea, perhaps a flashing LED to alert the driver that an Event recording was triggered during parking mode. A driver may not notice every new bump or scrape when they return to the car. I'm not sure how you could implement it though.
i dont know anything about coding, but since the event files got locked and in another folder, probably making a script that verifies how many times that file was opened. If it was 0, then some warning would be given that we would know: "I have some locked files that i havnt checked yet"

Something else that may be useful. Have a way during park mode to go into standby mode when parked at a known location, as soon as ACC gets power then back to normal recording.
You can store the location coordinates using the GPS and then set a diameter that the car is within, also having a delay timer that when reached will go into standby mode.
Menu option :
1 Standby mode : On/Off
1.1 Location 1 : Store/Delete
1.2 Location 2 : Store/Delete
1.3 Distance : 5m/10m/15m
1.4 Delay : 5min/10min/15min

@viofo buffered parking mode would be great feature to have if device is capable. (even in low bitrate mode). any chance of having low bitrate parking(movement+impact trigger) mode in 30fps & high bitrate when vehicle moving ? Only parking options i have are 15fps and less (not sure if this refers to timelapse or motion trigger recording rate).

Last edited:
@viofo buffered parking mode would be great feature to have if device is capable. (even in low bitrate mode). any chance of having low bitrate parking(movement+impact trigger) mode in 30fps & high bitrate when vehicle moving ? Only parking options i have are 15fps and less (not sure if this refers to timelapse or motion trigger recording rate).
The current parking mode FW does offer low bitrate when parked, separate from the high/low bitrate that you can select for the normal video. I think you might be looking at the timelapse video menu options rather than the full set of parking mode options?

Thanks @TonyM . I was using Viofo android app to select options. Maybe need to look at menu on the actual unit or perhaps do a factory reset first. I also con't see options for Wifi 2.4 or 5 selection.

Thanks @TonyM . I was using Viofo android app to select options. Maybe need to look at the menu on the actual unit or perhaps do a factory reset first. I also can't see options for Wifi 2.4 or 5 selection.
In my ios app its the same. I don't know if its because de FW is still betta, the phone app still haven't the same options. You need to do it via cam itself.

Im actually having a doubt about the new park options. What's the difference between high and low bitrate? Ive seen videos here where it jumps from one to another, but i can't stop the difference between the 2.

Also, im with the option: "Auto Event Detection" What does this do exactly? Motion and Impact detection? Does it create a new file or lock the current one when something is triggered? Whats the sensibility? Because im using this mode, and i never got a file locked even after people and cars pass waaaaaaay close by to my car. I Even tried to shake me inside the car to make it swing, and i realized the cam does absolutely nothing. Just keeps recording as nothing had happened

Use the menus on the unit if you are using Beta firmware.. Most of the beta options don't get into the mobile app until they are no longer beta..

Another cool feature was the option to disable GPS while in park. Something like it records the position when it parks and then disables the GPS. If the car is parked, then its not going to move and the GPS position will always be the same. This would allow for more effecient power draw

Another cool feature was the option to disable GPS while in park. Something like it records the position when it parks and then disables the GPS. If the car is parked, then its not going to move and the GPS position will always be the same. This would allow for more effecient power draw
I thought the camera uses the GPS to know when it is moving.....

I believe the G Sensor doesnt require GPS. When you start moving it must trigger the G Sensor in any way. In the case the GPS would be triggered too. Or even more simple. Motion detection. You start driving, everything arround moves -> Trigger GPS On

BTW, any explanation of this doubt i had?

"Also, im with the option: "Auto Event Detection" What does this do exactly? Motion and Impact detection? Does it create a new file or lock the current one when something is triggered? Whats the sensibility? Because im using this mode, and i never got a file locked even after people and cars pass waaaaaaay close by to my car. I Even tried to shake me inside the car to make it swing, and i realized the cam does absolutely nothing. Just keeps recording as nothing had happened "

Last edited:
Any other should we updated for next update?
wish list v21-10-2018:
1. For motion detection, before if no motion in 90s then enter parking mode, plan to change it to 5 mins;
2. Add 2/3fps option for time lapse;
3. Have option in menu for 2 wire and 3 wire hardwire kit, if 3 is selected and no power on ACC it starts in parking mode and not normal mode;

4. Add LowBitrare options 4mB/s;
5. Add BT_remote Click_event options: Record Lock/Snapshot.
6. In park mode optionally power off GPS module (to reduce power consumption).
7. Replace data title format "dd/mm/yy" with "dd-mm-yy".

Last edited:
wish list v21-10-2018:
1. For motion detection, before if no motion in 90s then enter parking mode, plan to change it to 5 mins;
3. Have option in menu for 2 wire and 3 wire hardwire kit, if 3 is selected and no power on ACC it starts in parking mode and not normal mode;
4. Add LowBitrare options 1/2/3mB/s;
6. In park mode power off GPS module (to reduce power consumption).
I personally like more "yy-mm-dd". and GPS must have a power all the time, I think.

wish list v21-10-2018:

The current 90 seconds is the perfect amount of time in my opinion. Anything more is wasted disk space. The BlackVue I use in my other car waits for 3 minutes and I wish I could lower it.

Any other should we updated for next update?
wish list v22-10-2018:
1. For motion detection, before if no motion in 90s then enter parking mode, plan to change it to 3 mins;
4. Add LowBitrare options 4mB/s;
6. In park mode optionally power off GPS module (to reduce power consumption).

Last edited:
Vote,
LowBitrate about 2Mb/s options would be usefull (so acceptable for almost static scenes). Curious about rec_time expansion for this case.
The hardware lowest bitrate limit is 4Mb/s with rear camera connected.

Welcome from holidays, very pleased about your attention and FW update plan !
I.e. wish list:
4. Add LowBitrare options 1/2/3mB/s;

---
What other BT_remote click types (dbl_click, long_press, ..) can FW
recognize ?
The remote can recognize the long press, how about use this for enable Wi-Fi?

The remote can recognize the long press, how about use this for enable Wi-Fi?
Several options for BT_ClickEvent() and BT_LongClickEvent() would be great to add in menu.
But SnapShot and RecLock are more critical while driving.

The hardware lowest bitrate limit is 4Mb/s with rear camera connected.
thanks for remarks !
so - updated wish list v22.1-10-2018 (in priority/complexity order):
1. Have option in menu for 2 wire and 3 wire hardwire kit, if 3 is selected and no power on ACC it starts in parking mode and not normal mode;
2. Add LowBitrare options 4mB/s;
- done in 0927 FW
3. Add 2/3fps option for time lapse;
4. Add value options for BT_ClickEvent = {Record Lock , SnapShot}, BT_LongClickEvent = {WiFiOnOff , ???} .
5. For motion detection, before if no motion in 90s then enter parking mode, plan to change it to 3 mins;

---
6. In park mode optionally power off GPS module (to reduce power consumption) (as idea?).
8. Add prebufferised (-10/-15secs) motion detection parking mode (if chipset can support it).
9. Add beep option to have beep when memory card issue on
ly.

Last edited:
Back