Street Guardian Flagship??

TourbusGuy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VicoVation Opia II, Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO.
I was thinking of picking up a new Street Guardian for an additional car I purchased. Currently run a Vico Marcus 3, in my wife's car, Vico Opia2 in my car and Opia2 in my Motorcoach. Read as many reviews on the Street Guardian as I could find & watched several YouTube videos that showed day & night clips. I was very impressed especially when compared to the Blackvue 750.
Which model would be the very top of the line, for day & night resolution, for one channel with option to add a rear camera? Is there any new models coming out with higher resolution & more features?

Reactions: RLS
It is not like it jump way ahead of the other models, but it is the latest one devised as a "lego" model, so you get the front camera, and then later on down the road you can add a rear camera if you choose.
Solo it do 1080/60, but adding the rear camera will drop both cameras to 1080/30, but i do believe that it is the first "solo" SG camera that can do 1080/60.

The SG9663DC can do the same but then you will have to buy 2 cameras and just run the front camera alone to get 1080/60, so from a financial point that dont make sense.

The favorite word in the world " price drop" :)

Thanks for the info Jokiin.

Anyway, the units has been good so far and just works without any issues, which is what I wanted.

we just dropped the price on the SGGCX2PRO so the couple of days research likely paid dividends

SGGCX2PRO has smaller form factor than the SG9663DC, with basically same internals. LED placement is better IMO. Then add the rear camera [emoji4]

Saw the price drop, and I ordered 2x SGGCX2PRO to swap with the front units of my SG9663DC’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I see the price is not much more than what I paid for the regular X2.

It's £25 cheaper in the UK..... it's now pretty much at the sweet spot....... although the lack of a remote "snapshot" button/wifi to phone is a shame. We old buggers would like to be able to actually read the stuff on the screen!

I cant find any info re the rear camera, though. "Sold seperately" but no Amazon links to upsell me! Does anybody have a link, please?

As a newbie I really need a bundle option with everything included to hardwire in dual cameras; and as a newbie choice of a reliable supplier with a good track record of warranty and support is absolutely essential. There are too many crappy units and frustrated/disappointed users out there, judging by the reviews. We wouldn't put up with dodgy products and fake endorsements for our PCs or tellies; something as critical as a potential provider of legal evidence should merit us being at least as demanding.

the rear cam probably isn't on Amazon UK as yet, @niko looks after the UK and would be able to sort things out for you if you want all the bits together

the rear cam probably isn't on Amazon UK as yet, @niko looks after the UK and would be able to sort things out for you if you want all the bits together

@niko the password reset does not work on your site btw. I've tried to reset it a few times but the reset email does not come through. I couldn't find the hardwire kit on your site, dont you sell it?

some of the bits have only just arrived in stock, there are more being shipped to the UK today which should probably arrive Monday

@niko the password reset does not work on your site btw. I've tried to reset it a few times but the reset email does not come through. I couldn't find the hardwire kit on your site, dont you sell it?

e-mail me to: info@hiniko.com to go through password reset issue.
Hardwire kit has been just released, ordered it and should be in local stock within next week.

I cant find any info re the rear camera, though. "Sold seperately" but no Amazon links to upsell me! Does anybody have a link, please?.

Limited stock arrived to UK Amazon Fulfillment Centre on 31st October. Have called/emailed them many times to know why it takes so long to add a stock to the inventory list, but at the moment it looks like they have a backlog of other shipments to process (maybe due to the Black Friday etc.?)

I can't find any info re the rear camera, though. "Sold separately" but no Amazon links to upsell me! Does anybody have a link, please?

Rear camera in stock (my online store) and ready to ship next working day.
Search SGR291CAM for Sony IMX-291 Exmor CMOS Sensor camera, or SGR323CAM for Sony IMX-323 CMOS Sensor camera.

I really wish I understood better the differences between the IMX-291 and IMX-323. It looks like the IMX-323 version is the only one currently available (with a $100 price tag) on Amazon US.

IMX291 will give better low light results than the IMX323, they're otherwise not a lot different

Back