B-124 causing low power messages

rrao56

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blackvue 900 2ch with B-124
Apologies, as I’m sure this is a known issue, but I am a newbie!
Got the Blackvue 900 2ch hard wired in my new BMW X3, with powerpack pro.
Kept getting low power messages when turned on the car in the morning.
Spoke to Blackvue.co.uk from where I had purchased. They felt I needed the battery pack B124
Got that installed, problem persists. Cannot use comfort access in the morning, get error message saying excessive power used. Also, get numerous notifications from overnight about movement detected in parking mode. Car kept in garage overnight, not aware of any ghosts in the garage...
Any advice appreciated

you'll need an old priest and a young priest :eek:

seriously though, where you taken power from, later model BMW's can shut circuits down if they see an unexpected parasitic load that the computer thinks doesn't belong, they can be trouble like that

Any solutions, other than turning dashcams off at night?

Got it hardwired professionally, sits next to the fuse box at the back.
Not technically savvy, so couldn’t tell you which number fuse it is attached to.

you'll need to ask the installer, in a lot of cases with BMW they need to be wired directly to the battery so that the computer can't shut it off, something you'll need to check

Thanks, will try to find out.
I do remember the installer saying that battery needed to be connected to a constantly on power source, presume that’s what he did, as he tested a number of points before connecting it.

Thanks, will try to find out.
I do remember the installer saying that battery needed to be connected to a constantly on power source, presume that’s what he did, as he tested a number of points before connecting it.

the permanent power is likely going to need to go direct to the battery rather than the fuse panel, everything in the fuse panel is controlled by the computer

The Neo must NOT be hardwired to a fuse with "continuous" NOR "constant" power supply.
The Cellink Neo must be hardwired to a "switched" fuse, that only has power when the engine is on.
In this way, the Neo will only be recharged when the engine is on, and when the Neo is flat, it cannot discharge the motor vehicle's main PbSO4 battery.

Could this be the the cause of my issues, I wonder?

Just phoned Nigel Carter at Blackvue.co.uk, who agrees that it should be connected to a switched fuse, and he will get someone out to rectify this if it was connected wrongly. I hope that sorts it out. I also notice here that it should be connected to no less than a 20amp fuse. Will try to get the wiring diagram down from the lift if I can find the box. Oops, cannot find it. Online file to large to attach.

Last edited:
Only two cables to attached to car earth and 12v+ ACC Switched Live, check you fuse box and fuse.

Just phoned Nigel Carter at Blackvue.co.uk, who agrees that it should be connected to a switched fuse, and he will get someone out to rectify this if it was connected wrongly. I hope that sorts it out. I also notice here that it should be connected to no less than a 20amp fuse. Will try to get the wiring diagram down from the lift if I can find the box. Oops, cannot find it. Online file to large to attach.

if you still have problems you may need to wire directly to the battery via a relay and use the acc feed to switch the relay so it only charges while the car is running

minimum 9 amps max draw is 13 amps, 15 amp fuse is fine, since running my B124 has never drawn more than 9 amps when driving... full charge from discharged is 40 mins.
or 3 short journeys of 15 mins during day over 8 hours. hope you get it fixed.

Just fitted a B-124 and mine says “minimum 20 amp switched fuse” but the one in this threads diagram says more than 10 amp.
Something strange going on here?

Read the specs, so what fuse did you use? max draw is 13 amps in manual. most i have seen when driving is 9 amps but i am connected to unused 15 amp 12v Switched live fuse.

I connected to 15amp.
But the manuals are saying 2 different amperages.
Mine must be newer.
It’s in the spec

Model
Power Magic Ultra Battery B-124
Color / Size / Weight
Black / 157 mm (W) x 171 mm (L) x 39.5 mm (H) / 1.4 kg
Battery Cell Type
LiFePo4
Input Voltage / Current
Cigarette lighter plug: 12 V–17 V / 6.5 A (max)
Hardwired: 12 V–17 V / 13.5 A (max)
Charging Voltage / Current
Cigarette lighter plug: 14.6 V / 5 A
Hardwired: 14.6 V / 9 A
Charging Time
Cigarette lighter plug (standard 5 A charging): Approx. 80 mins
Hardwired (rapid 9 A charging): Approx. 40 mins
Hours of Use
Up to 28 hours (based on a single dashcam that consumes 3 Wh)
Charging Temperature: 0 °C - 45 °C (32 °F - 113 °F)
Operating Temperature
Discharging Temperature: -10 °C - 60 °C (14 °F - 140 °F)
Storage Temperature: -10 °C - 60 °C (14 °F - 140 °F)
High Temperature Cut-Of
Approx. 80 °C (176 °F)
Capacity
12.8 V / 6,000 mAh / 76.8 Wh
Output Voltage / Current
11 V–14.5 V / 2 A (max

Page 14

I did hardwire my two Cellink Neos to a switched fuse in the fuse box below the dashboard, but now I have disconnected the hardwiring, and I'm back to using the 12V DC accessory plug and socket - on the grounds that lower speed 5A charging is indeed slower, but it will allow the battery to last much longer in overall years.

So far, I have personally not found the need to do quick charges, however if one has parked 10 hours per day etc, and only drives 30 minutes home, then one would certainly need quick charging via hard wiring.
Me? From home to work is only a 700 yard drive, and no need for me to record while parking at home or work either.
For me, longer drives, and several hours parking is only used when I go shopping.

Back