New update for F800 pro

A class action suit will be a waste of money and resources. It will probably takes years for the trial to make its way through the court system. When everything is completed, I would have upgraded my camera already.

Ok, so I think I found what the update may have changed.

I have my F800 Pro set to the lowest sensitivity for continuous recording as well as for motion detection recording. After the update, with my settings still being set to the lowest, the F800 Pro is now less sensitive to recording accelerations that reach a threshold during continuous recording and less sensitive to minor motion-detection events.

This is good. Previously, I would get annoyed that my F800 Pro would beep and record every single speed bump or minor pothole during continuous recording. I do have a very stiff suspension so it may be my car’s fault.

Ok, so I think I found what the update may have changed.

I have my F800 Pro set to the lowest sensitivity for continuous recording as well as for motion detection recording. After the update, with my settings still being set to the lowest, the F800 Pro is now less sensitive to recording accelerations that reach a threshold during continuous recording and less sensitive to minor motion-detection events.

This is good. Previously, I would get annoyed that my F800 Pro would beep and record every single speed bump or minor pothole during continuous recording. I do have a very stiff suspension so it may be my car’s fault.

That is good news! Which reminds me, I need to update.

I installed 1.03.05 yesterday and as warned by members on this site, my settings defaulted to factory spec. I wrote my settings down before installing but forgot about the speed camera warnings. When driving through an urban area with speed cameras every 100 yards or so the tinny voice was almost constant with its laboured warnings. When driving through a "Mobile speed camera area" the warnings repeat every 10 seconds or so.

If you're reading this Thinkware, how difficult can it be to retain user settings during an update?

What is the highest bitrate in latest firmware? I am curious if the video quality was improved because in comparison with DOD RC500S is the F800 Pro worse. F800 Pro uses 10 mbps, DOD uses 15 mbps.

Back