Parking mode

Hi @alin_bogdan0399,
After installation, tell me if you have records that start for some unknown reason over a long period, like the night for example.
Thank you.

Salut @alin_bogdan0399,
Après installation, dis moi si tu as des enregistrements qui démarent tout seuls pour une raison inconu sur une longue période, comme la nuit par exemple.
Merci.
My problem is that the camera doesn’t start recording automatically, most of the time. The auto parking firmware was installed. I closed the door, left it untouched for 5-10 minutes and than gave it a little jigle...nothing. Then I tried jiggling it even harder and still nothing. How is it supposed to record if another car scratches my car, of it doesn’t start after a good shake of the car?! I have even used the high option for g sensor and nothing

I am using the auto parking firmware with the supplied 12v adapter (not hardwiring it in until it acts consistently) and the camera starts recording most of the time.

The card currently in my B1W worked flawlessly in a Viofo A118C for well over a year with no issues at all.
I am prepping a new 64GB High Endurance card as I type this, to see if that resolves the occasional issues I've been having.

After you set its loop time to be 5 minutes, you should click start recording in the APP before existing app!
I just swapped the video card out of my B1W for a Sandisk High Endurance card.

I was reviewing my recordings and noticed that although I have the loop time set to 5 minutes, all of my recordings are only 1 minute in length (I'm using the beta parking firmware you sent me a few weeks ago).

Any idea why it's not honouring the setting?

I just swapped the video card out of my B1W for a Sandisk High Endurance card.

I was reviewing my recordings and noticed that although I have the loop time set to 5 minutes, all of my recordings are only 1 minute in length (I'm using the beta parking firmware you sent me a few weeks ago).

Any idea why it's not honouring the setting?
Suggest you option G-sensor level with " M", and if the camera detects no move on G-sensor within 3 minutes, parking mode is activated, and stop recording;
But if G-sensor starts being triggered during parking mode, it switches to normal recording for 1 min.

My problem is that the camera doesn’t start recording automatically, most of the time. The auto parking firmware was installed. I closed the door, left it untouched for 5-10 minutes and than gave it a little jigle...nothing. Then I tried jiggling it even harder and still nothing. How is it supposed to record if another car scratches my car, of it doesn’t start after a good shake of the car?! I have even used the high option for g sensor and nothing

I have always found the highest sensitivity of the B1W a bit too sensitive while driving. And on the contrary, insufficient for a parked vehicle (like you, just with my tests only). Yet if I slam my door a little strong, the current recording is locked.

On the other hand, you do not have many video files (0,30s to 1min) that start for no reason during the night when your vehicle is parked?
/!\ Video files saved in the normal folder (DCIM), not events. /!\

@estore009,
I have been able to test these last 3 days, respectively: D1. the original firmware, d2. the double click parking mode firmware and d3. try the automatic parking mode firmware again.
I only encounter the problem with the automatic mode. It's really strange and I do not understand why.
Could you inquire about this?
Thank you.

J'ai toujours trouvé la sensibilité élevé de la B1W un peu trop sensible en roulant. Et au contraire, insuffisante en stationnement (comme toi, d'après mes tests seulement). Pourtant si je claque un peu fort ma porte, je déclenche facilement un vérouillage de fichier.

Et à part ça, tu n'as pas pleins de fichiers vidéos (0,30s à 1min) qui démarent pour aucune raison pendant la nuit quand ton véhicule est garé ?
/!\ Fichiers vidéos enregistrés dans le dossier normal (DCIM), pas évenements. /!\

@estore009,
J'ai pu tester ces 3 derniers jours, respectivement : J1. le firmware d'origine, j2. le firmware parking double clic et j3. réessayer le firmware parking automatique.
Je ne rencontre le problème qu'avec le mode automatique. C'est vraiment bizare et je ne comprend pas pourquoi.
Pourrais tu te renseigner là dessus ?
Merci.

Suggest you option G-sensor level with " M", and if the camera detects no move on G-sensor within 3 minutes, parking mode is activated, and stop recording;
But if G-sensor starts being triggered during parking mode, it switches to normal recording for 1 min.
G-sensor was already set to "M" along with the 5 minute time
G-sensor is already set to "M".

I've had the camera enter parking mode several times while stick in rush hour traffic.

From my experience auto parking mode only works well when ambient temperature is below 20ºC and the dashcam is not exposed to direct sunlight. Otherwise it starts recording for no reason when the car is parked.

From my experience auto parking mode only works well when ambient temperature is below 20ºC and the dashcam is not exposed to direct sunlight. Otherwise it starts recording for no reason when the car is parked.
Thanks for your details, and forward it to our team and to see if they can explain something...

Oh yeah ! I am not alone. Moreover, we have a beginning of explanation.
Thank you very much Gtaadicto. :)
I will do some more tests when the temperatures will be a little lower.

Oh yeah ! Je ne suis pas le seul. Ça me rassure un peu quand même. :giggle: Et en plus, nous avons un début d'explication.
Merci beaucoup Gtaadicto. :)
Je referais quelques essais quand les températures descendrons un peu plus.

Hi,

I just hard wired the B1W so that I could use parking mode.
Any chance to get auto parking mode firmware?

Hi @estore009 could you send me auto parking mode firmware for my hard wired B1W, I would like to try it. Thank you in advance.

PM you already!

How's the development of the firmware with parking mode going?
Are you still testing, or can you call it stable already?

How's the development of the firmware with parking mode going?
Are you still testing, or can you call it stable already?
Auto parking mode firmware 0614s is not a standard firmware for B1W, only works after B1W hardwired connection with always-on power source!

Why not post a link for people to download the firmware along with the other firmwares. It could indicate "for hardwired connection only!".
In the mean time please send firmware 0614s. Thanks

Why not post a link for people to download the firmware along with the other firmwares. It could indicate "for hardwired connection only!".
Thanks for your suggestion!

Why not at the beginning of this post, or in your signature to another page.
For example, with version history and upgrades ...

This page or post header could include the firmware list and different updates of the "double-click switching" parking mode and the time lapse parking mode if it is to create a day.

Exellent idea anyway. :)

Pourquoi pas au début de ce post, ou dans votre signature vers une autre page.
Avec un historique des versions et améliorations par exemple …

Cette page ou entête de post pourraient même y regrouper la liste du firmware et différentes versions du mode parking « double-clic switching » ou encore le mode parking en time lapse si ce dernier voit le jour.

Exellente idée en tout cas. :)

Back