G-sensor sensitivity

palmersquall

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have my g sensor sensitivity set to low and I get at least 1-2 events per minute. Are they ever going to have an update to the firmware that will allow you to turn this off?

Hi,

I had a similar problem with the UK Version (winycam300)

I was told to set it to HIGH Sensitivity in the Configurator as it works arse about face and since I did that it has behaved perfectly and the Events have dissappeared.

That is using the June 2013 Firmware

Hello,

what exact sensitivity do you experience?
I'm sure we're planning to upload the firmware.

Please feel free to email at csastrobile.com

Best regards,
Jason

Hello,

what exact sensitivity do you experience?
I'm sure we're planning to upload the firmware.

Please feel free to email at csastrobile.com

Best regards,
Jason

Hi,

As I said I have set the parameter to "HIGH" and now experience virtually no "Events"

To try out the Setting, as I was not getting any "Events" i deliberately drove over a "Pot Hole" and that created an "Event"

so I do know that the G Sensor is working.

I was originally told to do this by IPIXI, the Seller in the UK

http://www.ipixi.com

Best Regards

Tony P

Many of us are aware that the hi/low was ass backwards in some software. Still, setting (however you can) to the lowest sensitivity results in constant events. I'm not buying your events going away, as its not happened for anyone else. Sorry.

Many of us are aware that the hi/low was ass backwards in some software. Still, setting (however you can) to the lowest sensitivity results in constant events. I'm not buying your events going away, as its not happened for anyone else. Sorry.

I can only reportback on my own experience.

I had the same issue and sent an email to Winy. I wanted to completely turn off Events and Motion mode and only record in Normal.

They suggested that I change the storage allocation for Events/Motion to the smallest one (5%) and then turn off "Overwrite Function (Event/Motion). The result of that is that the Events and Motion folders will quickly fill up and then can no longer be written to. This forces the camera to continue recording clips in Normal mode.

I just made this change yesterday and haven't yet verified that it works as intended, but if so I'll be a happy man.

Piguy, please report back on your findings. If this works I will also set up as you describe. My question, though, is will the normal recordings be overwritten once its folder is filled up?

Edit: I couldn't wait - I set up my Livue as you described and I think we may have a winner. No annoying event notices (beeps) or files. As long as it saves the video of an accident then I'm happy. I will keep testing but so far so good.

Last edited:
Drove a while today and when the Livue started, the voice would say SD card full. I checked the SD card with WinyBBViewer and the normal files were being saved and showed correctly. Not sure why it would say SD card full as properties showed it wasn't but I imagine it was because I wasn't allowing overwriting of the event files.

Now I need to see if the normal files get overwritten but I have to do more driving. So far so good.

Back