Upgrade Cellink Neo Firmware

ahbib

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Does anyone know how to update the firmware of the Cellink Neo dash cam battery?

I keep reading how only Blackboxmycar has the ability to upgrade the battery's firmware.

Do they have a version of the app that we don't have? Don't think there are any ports on the NEO to do any kind of software upgrade, so they must have a different version of the app than the general public.

Thanks

Disappointed blackboxmycar won't respond to my thread.

It isn't right that they have an exclusive deal with Egan/cellink for firmware updates.

Does anyone know how to update the firmware of the Cellink Neo dash cam battery?

I keep reading how only Blackboxmycar has the ability to upgrade the battery's firmware.

Do they have a version of the app that we don't have? Don't think there are any ports on the NEO to do any kind of software upgrade, so they must have a different version of the app than the general public.

Thanks
This would only apply for those wanting to go to the NEO expansion at a later time.
Originally the NEO was not supposed to have an expansion, but after the official release, they launched the expansion pack.
Therefore, any customers that purchased the NEO prior to the announcement of the expansion must update their firmware.
We provide a return label and instructions if applicable!

Sorry but that didn't answer my question. Does blackboxmycar have a different version of the app which allows firmware upgrades? How are you upgrading the firmware?

Sorry but that didn't answer my question. Does blackboxmycar have a different version of the app which allows firmware upgrades? How are you upgrading the firmware?
Ah, EGEN, the creator of the Cellink has given us a special laptop and software to install into the NEO's.
This is definitely something we wanted to avoid as requesting the NEO back from customers is something we don't want.
Hopefully, EGEN can implement something that allows Bluetooth upgrade of the NEO instead!

I hope they do manage a user performed update scheme.

Back