Last edited:
Да, у меня также есть пластиковый держатель.

Да, у меня также есть пластиковый держатель.
I'm going to attempt changing the plastic holder to the metal ones we now have in stock. Its possible the F1.8 Lens has different thread or diameter size. My plastic holder has "8" stamp.

The thread is the same, M12 + 0.5 mm First check the defocus, start recording for 40 minutes, then compare the first frame and the last one, cold and hot. I checked for a long time, I did not notice the problem.

Last edited:
Great detail, tracing the issue should be easier.
Troubleshooting
1 + 2) [use current card] = confirmed the current microSD card works fine no need to buy more. (simple test of normal recordings is enough) = Done.
3) confirmed Looping works = Done.
4) [set Looping 2 mins] = confirmed first-middle-last clips readability, always remove card from Dashcam (transferring clips using USB cable to DVR is crazy) = Done.
4) confirmed clips Play back, Must always wait 8 seconds after power disconnected before removing memory card = Done.
5) [set G-sensor Low] = confirmed G-sensor has zero effect in Parking Mode = Done.
6) [set both to Off] = confirmed Time Lapse set OFF + Motion Detection set OFF = Done.
7) confirmed Parking Mode setting 5fps is selected = Done.
8) confirmed Parking Mode icon appears in top left display Menu = Done.
9) identified issue - has nothing to do with all of the above = Done.

You are correct slow rocking of vehicle will not trigger G-sensor event recording. The algorithm waits for sharp G-sensor spike not gradual slow increase, sometimes slamming door isn't enough but it should be (sensitivity needs adjustment in code).
Parking Mode has delay before it begins, the vehicle must be parked and still no vibration or driver motion. After current normal recorded clip length 3 mins is saved Parking Mode will monitor G-sensor to determine if vehicle is stopped before enabling, this takes 60-90 seconds. So if Looping was 3mins means Parking Mode may not start for 4 mins total = 3mins + 1min.

Suggest following **Extreme** Test :
A) load official Firmware v1.32 , confirm its works.
B) format memory card inside Dashcam to delete RO folder and all clips.
C) mount in vehicle connect to Power Bank.
D) set A119Pro MENU > 1080P / 30fps / Loop=2mins / G-sensor=OFF / Time Lapse=OFF / Motion Detection=OFF / Parking Mode=1fps /
E) get out of vehicle and wait 3 mins then walk directly in front of vehicle back and forth a few times slowly, wait 30 seconds and repeat.
F) kick front tire hard to rock vehicle, wait 60 seconds, repeat.
G) get in vehicle then disconnect cable from Power Bank.
H) remove memory card and view recorded clips on computer.
I) repeat Test using / 1440p / Parking Mode=15fps /
J) repeat Test using A119P firmware MOD-7Tf / 1440p / Parking Mode=5fps /

If any of the Tests above produce Parking Mode time lapse footage its working fine. Many owners don't realize VIOFO's Parking Mode detection is actually very poor but better than most other low priced Dashcams. The great advantage VIOFO's models have is they are all 5 volts allowing common 5 volt Power Bank functionality.

You have discovered another weakness of all Dashcams powered by Hardwire Kits, they will drain your vehicle battery. I will never use any Hardwire Kit for Parking Mode especially if vehicle battery is over 2 years old and winter temperature drops below -5C. The purpose of Vehicle is for reliable transportation, the purpose of Dashcam is accident recording. When Dashcam prevents vehicle from starting its useless. Hardwire Kits from VIOFO are set incorrectly, 11.7 - 11.6 is much too low for voltage regulator disconnect limit, should be 11.9 never lower.
You also discovered new vehicle with Hybrid Gas/Electric engine cycle engine off at traffic lights which drops battery power below 11.6 momentarily which triggers Hardwire Kits to disconnect power to Dashcam. Yet another reason most Hardwire Kits are ineffective. Recommend never using Hardwire Kits with questionable voltage regulator limits.

Hello again,

my car has now a new battery, it will now use start/stop at every red traffic lights. The old battery was fault and changed by garanty.
I will give the hardwire Kit a new change, thanks that i don't pull it out - i have read and understand your comment with interference hardwire kit and depleating battery. :)

To the Test with Parking Mode with Powerbank: The camera will now not going to standby or use Parking Time Laps, nothing helps (Loop time, Resolution, format, flashing Firmware new, ...)
I think the g-sensor gives to high values where no gravity action is.

You are change many settings with brightness and sharpness to make better clips, can you change the threshold of g-sensor with a mod?
Can you see what happens to the g-sensor at all time?
I hope you can bring the parking mode to a new level without 3 cable hardwire kits, only with a mod!

In my oppinion i think: If the g-sensor is low of vibration (engine not run, leave car for a hour, …) the camera will go to standby (green led on, red rec off), putting g-sensor to high sensity.
The picture sensor is active and looks for motion in range. If there enough (Treshold?) motion it will record with settings of parking mode. (Green light out, red rec on) It will record a little while, then go back to standby.
If the g-sensor detect a high impact it will start a normal clip record, or 2 clips. Then the camera goes back to standby.
If i come back to the car brings starting the engine the camera back to normal clip recording. I think it should locked the file when i 'fall' into the seat! :)

I am the only person with this problem? Or is nothing looking to the card without accident?

Best Regards

Roland

Hello again,

my car has now a new battery, it will now use start/stop at every red traffic lights. The old battery was fault and changed by garanty.
I will give the hardwire Kit a new change, thanks that i don't pull it out - i have read and understand your comment with interference hardwire kit and depleating battery. :)

To the Test with Parking Mode with Powerbank: The camera will now not going to standby or use Parking Time Laps, nothing helps (Loop time, Resolution, format, flashing Firmware new, ...)
I think the g-sensor gives to high values where no gravity action is.

You are change many settings with brightness and sharpness to make better clips, can you change the threshold of g-sensor with a mod?
Can you see what happens to the g-sensor at all time?
I hope you can bring the parking mode to a new level without 3 cable hardwire kits, only with a mod!

In my oppinion i think: If the g-sensor is low of vibration (engine not run, leave car for a hour, …) the camera will go to standby (green led on, red rec off), putting g-sensor to high sensity.
The picture sensor is active and looks for motion in range. If there enough (Treshold?) motion it will record with settings of parking mode. (Green light out, red rec on) It will record a little while, then go back to standby.
If the g-sensor detect a high impact it will start a normal clip record, or 2 clips. Then the camera goes back to standby.
If i come back to the car brings starting the engine the camera back to normal clip recording. I think it should locked the file when i 'fall' into the seat! :)

I am the only person with this problem? Or is nothing looking to the card without accident?

Best Regards

Roland
Glad you replaced the defective vehicle battery for free. Our task is now to discover if the A119Pro is defective.

TEST #1 indoors with Power Bank.
Suggest testing Dash Cam indoors using Power Bank. When you did this earlier Parking Mode recorded some time lapse video clips tagged with "P", this confirms Parking Mode works. Repeat that test by connecting Power Bank to A119Pro side port and point camera towards you from corner of bright room or point towards large active TV screen but do not touch the DVR for over 15 minutes.
The microSD card should contain "P" clips in MOVIE folder and G-sensor events in RO folder. When disconnecting the power cable wait 10 seconds for red REC light to go out before ejecting memory card. Save all newly recorded clips to computer.

TEST #2 in vehicle with Power Bank to side port.
If TEST #1 was successful and recorded Time Lapse "P" clips, repeat inside the vehicle using same Power Bank connected to A119Pro side port. Once DVR starts wait inside vehicle for 5 minutes then exit and walk in front of car a few times then wait 2 mins and back inside vehicle for another 5 mins. Now disconnect Power cable.

TEST #3 in vehicle with Power Bank to GPS mount.
repeat the 5 minutes in car then 2 mins walking in front + 5 mins back in car. Now disconnect Power cable.

TEST #4 in vehicle with Hardwire Kit to GPS mount or side port.
repeat the 5 minutes in car then 2 mins walking in front + 5 mins back in car. Now disconnect Power cable, do not press the Power button on DVR. The Hardwire Kit can be installed to provide continuous power when ignition key is off or zero power after ignition is turned off.

Last edited:
Glad you replaced the defective vehicle battery for free. Our task is now to discover if the A119Pro is defective.

TEST #1 indoors with Power Bank.
Suggest testing Dash Cam indoors using Power Bank. When you did this earlier Parking Mode recorded some time lapse video clips tagged with "P", this confirms Parking Mode works. Repeat that test by connecting Power Bank to A119Pro side port and point camera towards you from corner of bright room or point towards large active TV screen but do not touch the DVR for over 15 minutes.
The microSD card should contain "P" clips in MOVIE folder and G-sensor events in RO folder. When disconnecting the power cable wait 10 seconds for red REC light to go out before ejecting memory card. Save all newly recorded clips to computer.

Hello BCHobbyist,

Test 1 failed!
Setting 1920x1080, 1min loop, G-sensor middle, Parking Mode set to 1fps, Motion Detection Off and Time Laps off, Screen of 3min.
Cam filmed ca. 20min of TV (It is not so big locking on cam with wide angel), i must put it nearer and nearer - at last it filled 3/4 of FOV.
22 Files, no P and no RO files. Firmware Mod 7tf.

Further test I do not...

Roland

Hello BCHobbyist,

Test 1 failed!
Setting 1920x1080, 1min loop, G-sensor middle, Parking Mode set to 1fps, Motion Detection Off and Time Laps off, Screen of 3min.
Cam filmed ca. 20min of TV (It is not so big locking on cam with wide angel), i must put it nearer and nearer - at last it filled 3/4 of FOV.
22 Files, no P and no RO files. Firmware Mod 7tf.

Further test I do not...

Roland
confirm TEST #1 when DVR starts it shows the tiny Parking Mode car icon. Change Firmware to 5Tf then point the indoor camera at you for 15mins from 3 meters away and walk in front and move in chair. If this also fails try loading official A119Pro FW1.32

confirm TEST #1 when DVR starts it shows the tiny Parking Mode car icon. Change Firmware to 5Tf then point the indoor camera at you for 15mins from 3 meters away and walk in front and move in chair. If this also fails try loading official A119Pro FW1.32
Test with Firmware 5TF fails, same settings as before, Original Firmware 1.32 fails too. Every flashing a new FW i do Reset, format and set settings new. The icon is there. The red rec light is always on.
I wrote the Support that i have a defect device and she does change it, but he answer to this sentence nothing...
The amazon sendback time is over, now the manufaturer can help and he does not. I don't know if the support is reading here.

I will mount it to the car and use it to have a clip, if i have an accident. The law in my country for Dashcams is not clearly explained - it is in a gray zone. :)

What about motion Detection only by parking and driving?
I am searching for a camera that use autonom park modus without touching the device.

Thanks for answering my questions

Roland

FWA119P_MOD-6Lq_v1.32
Daytime Tricky light conditions: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9vuezun7qkpfju/2018_1207_154453_061.MP4?dl=0
Night Damp atmosphere and rain: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyf8novvnqgjolb/2018_1205_160607_016.MP4?dl=0

Looks better than the MOD-6Lp footage (y)
Thanks for the A119Pro 6Lq clips, cloudy days are a good test, this MOD uses high Edge Detection value and looks great producing the preferred crisp edge. The saturation was reduced to stop blown-out-whites but looks too dull. If you agree i'll create same MOD with higher saturation.

Thanks for the A119Pro 6Lq clips, cloudy days are a good test, this MOD uses high Edge Detection value and looks great producing the preferred crisp edge. The saturation was reduced to stop blown-out-whites but looks too dull. If you agree i'll create same MOD with higher saturation.

Sounds good thanks. Maybe do a mod with just a small amount of extra saturation to make sure the shadow detail is not lost with the polariser. A 27 Mb version would be nice as well for the more daring :)

Created new A119Pro - STABLE vivid versions 7Th and 5Th - Full ChangeLog details available on post #1 of this thread.

FWA119P_MOD-7Th_v1.32+27Mbps+Sharp190C+Edge172+DCTeam.bin
Download 7Th > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NcZngTC9KNWFN6V8in-MzSh8VKWNSw30

FWA119P_MOD-5Th_v1.32+25Mbps+Sharp190C+Edge172+DCTeam.bin
Download 5Th > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LxfHdQ-s6hlXpKvgkFTSbm9ZEj-p0Hle

Viofo A119 Pro Dash Cam Review > https://viofo-a119-pro-dash-cam-review.blogspot.com
---
DCTeam - CEO/CEH/CDO/DRD/DSP/IQE/PDU/SFC/LLS
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BCHobbyist

Last edited:
Quite confused about the 27Mbps vs 25Mbps. what is the pro´s and cons with the two? Is this have to do with video streaming or occupied more space in SD card?

Quite confused about the 27Mbps vs 25Mbps. what is the pro´s and cons with the two? Is this have to do with video streaming or occupied more space in SD card?
Original stock firmware runs at 24Mbs and many still fear 27Mbs will melt their dashcam so I created 25Mbs to lessen the fear and save memory card space.

Original stock firmware runs at 24Mbs and many still fear 27Mbs will melt their dashcam so I created 25Mbs to lessen the fear and save memory card space.

Thanks mate, ok I will used the 27Mbs and will let you know if it´s really melt this winter season :eek:

Created new A119Pro - Stable version 27L , See post #1 of thread for details and ChangeLog.
The only change in this Stable version is Bitrate increased to 27Mbs, all Image Quality is the original VIOFO default values.

FWA119P_MOD-27P+27Mbs+Default-IQ+DCTeam.bin
Download 27P > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pz8UBvlo84QdqR9O0ir1JVrvZM6kHyQT

Viofo A119 Pro Dash Cam Review > https://viofo-a119-pro-dash-cam-review.blogspot.com
Viofo Dash Cam Modified Firmware > https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com
---
DCTeam - CEO/CEH/CDO/DRD/DSP/IQE/PDU/SFC/LLS
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BCHobbyist

Last edited:
so which mod is everyone running? I'm updating from 6LQ.

so which mod is everyone running? I'm updating from 6LQ.
suggest you try 7Tg then 7Th and see which works best with your Lens focus.
will be creating more versions soon.

Back