Blackvue 550 - Extract front/rear video and PiP them.

BelgianEvo

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hello guys,

I was planning to upload a video of my 550, but how do i combine the front a rear vide into 1 video file.
So how can i add the rear video in the front video with PiP view.....

Grtz
Ben

You can use loads of free aplications. but if you download a program called OBS http://obsproject.com/ its free and captures the screen you are looking at just pause the video full screen in the Blackvue player and capture it then stop the recording when you have finished. or have a search on managing videos, there are some good free applications including Microsoft media, free to download from there site.

I use three programs depending on what I am doing
Blender (free) Needs you to learn a few editing bits. I edit the Mini Videos into longer ones with this if I want fancy effects like fading a Rear camera into the top left etc. but cant be bothered with Adobes Pay for software.
VSDC (Free) Needs no help import the files click on edit and select start and end points then Select the type of merge between videos and output it to file. Easy to use.

I recon look at blender, its not hard to use if you have a look on youtube.

My first video made with Blender front and rear camera Starts Half way in

Okay thanks !

Do you have a download-link for Blender? :)

Oh ok, i found that thru google, but i didn't know it was that program :)

Looked very complicated just for PiP video.
I'll give it a go

Watch this video for picture in picture its easy.
Sorry this guy waffles a little but its not hard. I am going to make a How to for Blender soon, with Dash cameras as the target, including more settings.
I am adding the others you may need. watch in this order.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I found this video and installed the app.
It's also pretty easy :)

Something like this?

Back